Chapter 10

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
November 29th, 2016
Nova Taylor - first person

It's been a week since my dad has been here. My mom got put into the home and I was able to stay at our house with Jack for the next two months.

Serenity still hasn't spoke to me, I tried messaging her or talking to her in person but she blew me off. It's been sad but there wasn't much I could do at this point.

It was currently 5:30 AM. I got up out of bed, walked downstairs and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a cup of water and sat down on the floor in front of the window.

Everything's been so up and down recently. Sam hasn't been texting me that much, he's been hanging out with Colby and Serenity a lot of the times.

I didn't understand why. Has Serenity been saying things to him? I decided to just shake it off. Maybe it's a miss understanding. I looked out to see Sam and Colby walking by my house.

I got up and opened the door. I yelled for them to stop walking. It had to be at least negative 13 out, worst part is, I didn't grab my jacket, nor shoes. I only had my slippers.

"Hey!" I said. Walking over to them. They looked over at me, surprised, like they didn't know that I lived here, when it clearly did.

"Oh hey Nova." Sam said. Colby looked around and then down, almost like they were up to something.

"Where are you guy's headed to this time in the morning?" I asked.

"Oh, just for a coffee run." Colby said. Coffee? Since when does Sam like coffee?

"Oh okay." I said with a short smile.

"We should probably get going, school's going to start soon and it's about 2 km's away." Colby said. I had a feeling like he was lying.

"Okay, well have fun you two." I said, hugging Sam and waving them goodbye. I walked up onto my porch, but didn't go inside.

They walked down the street when I saw them turn around. I tried to hide to make myself less visible. I watched them walk up to Serenity's door step. What?

Why did they lie where they were going. I moved a little farther down to see the door. She pulled them both in for a hug. They walked in and shut the door. My heart kinda shattered.

I went back inside and shut the door lightly. I wasn't mad that they went to her house, I was just mad Colby lied and Sam didn't speak up. What were they doing?

It wasn't my business to be in. I sighed and started getting ready.

~

I was on my way to school, walking with my head down. Sam and a few other's texted me, but I ignored it. What did I do to him?

I arrived at school to see the friend group calling me over. Excluding Serenity. I shook my head 'no' and kept walking. I got to my locker, put my things inside it.

I was shutting it when I heard Sam running up to me. I rolled my eyes and turned around to look at him. What did he want?

"Hey? Everything okay?" He asked.