Chapter 16

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
January 7th, 2017
Nova Taylor - first person

Today was the day. The day I moved to California for the rest of my life. I may be over exaggerating on that.

I woke up extra early. I didn't have to board the plane until 9 am. Sam and I had planned to meet up before I leave.

I got out of bed and got ready. Jack slept over at his friends and wouldn't be home till before we leave.

I took a quick shower and then got out. I got dressed into sweats and a sweatshirt. I did some quick natural makeup.

I ran downstairs and slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my bag and placed my wallet and phone inside it.

I threw on my coat and grabbed both sets of keys. I walked out the door and locked it. I hopped into my pink mini.

I turned on the car and switched the gear to drive. I drove ten minutes to the coffee shop we planned out.

I arrived a few minutes early. I parked the car and turned it off. I grabbed my keys and bag and walked inside.

I ordered us both drinks and some breakfast. I took my coat off and put it over the chair I was sat in.

I placed my phone on the table and waited. The waitress brought over the drinks and food and placed it on the table.

I thanked her and took a sip when I saw Sam walk in the door. I smiled and he came and kissed me on the cheek and sat down.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I said, a little upset.

"How are you today?" He asked, grabbing my hand and rubbing the palm of it.

"I don't know. There's so many feelings right now." I said, looking down. He took his fingers and gently lifted my chin up.

"I know baby, but I am here every step of it. You'll love it, I know you will." Sam said. I smiled.

"No, you're right. I'll miss you. A lot." I said.

"I'll miss you too but I promise, we will get through this." Sam said.

"I love you so much Sam." I said, smiling.

"I love you so much too Nova. You mean the absolute world to me and I hate seeing you like this." He said.

"Me too, but this feeling is only temporary." I said. He smiled.

~

We talked for a good couple of hours. The time reached 8 am, meaning I had an hour left. I got up and grabbed my things.

Sam and I hugged for a good few minutes. I started to cry a little. He whipped my tears with his sleeve.

"Listen, I love you. I'll see you soon baby." He said.

"I love you too. I'll FaceTime you when I get there." I said. He nodded his head and we separated.