Chapter 21

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
January 16th, 2017
Nova Taylor - first person
(continuing from last chapter)

I finished eating breakfast. It's been hard to eat from everything that has happened recently. I did the dishes quickly and ran back upstairs.

I was still in disbelief about Sam. This wasn't like him to act out this way, I was genuinely confused and hurt.

I got dressed into a hoodie, leggings and a grey toque. It was a no makeup day, didn't feel like it.

I walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. I sighed and walked out.

I grabbed my phone, wondering what today's 'internet scandal' would be. I saw that Sam had texted me.

I unlocked it to see the message, my heart instantly dropped at the words 'break'. He couldn't be serious, could he?

~
TEXT MESSAGES
sammy🤍😽

hey, I'm sorry to do this to you,
but I think we need a break.
read 9:23 am

~

I stared at the message, my heart breaking reading it over and over. I felt a panic attack trying to start, I tried to shake it off.

I decided to call Sam, there was no way I wanted things to be like this, especially over text.

He finally picked up on the fourth ring. I was crying but trying to hide it.

"Sam?" I said, through the phone.

"Yeah?" He asked, from the other end.

"Why the fuck do we need a break? Why'd you text me instead of picking up the damn phone?!" I asked, growing mad but sad.

"To avoid this commentary." He said, so calmly.

"Sam, please don't do this. Look, I know things haven't been going smoothly recently. We can fix this, we can work together." I said to him, voice cracking.

"I- I don't know Nova." He said, why was he just willing to give up?

"Please don't throw away what we have. We're just teenagers for fuck sakes." I said, crying.

"Okay." He said, his voice cracked too. Okay?

"Thank you." I said. The line went silent for a good minute.

"Yeah, okay. Look, I have to hang up. I'll talk to you later." He replied back.

"That's fine, have fun. I-." I was cut off by the line going dead. I sighed and decided to look into Katrina's socials / accounts.

Sam Golbach - first person

I came out of the bathroom. I was staying at Colby's for the night. I sighed and sat down on the couch beside him.

"What was that about?" He asked, shit I didn't think he'd hear.

"What was what about?" I asked, playing dumb.