Chapter 17

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
January 7th, 2017
(continuing from last chapter)
Nova Taylor - first person

The plane finally landed after 5 hours. I was extremely nervous. My anxiety didn't help either.

Jack and I got up and walked off. We went to baggage claim and grabbed our bags. I called our dad and he said he was here.

I grabbed Jacks hand and smiled at him. He smiled back at me. I sighed in relief. That's when I looked at him.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"I guess so." He said. We walked to the doors. I looked around in my view. It was really pretty. We walked and spotted our 'fathers' car.

I opened the trunk and placed our luggage in it. Jack got in the car and so did I. I done up my seatbelt and stared out the window.

"Hey?" Our 'father' Alex said. I stayed silent.

"What's wrong with your sister?" He asked Jack.

"Don't." Jack replied, also staring out the window. Alex faced both of us.

"Look, I know it's weird but this is your lives know. You can't ignore me forever." He said.

"I could?" I said. Laughing a bit.

"Whatever." He said, shifting his gear to drive. I kept staring at the window as he drove. The view was amazing.

I kept thinking of home. California wasn't home, Kansas was. I sighed. Minutes later, we pulled up to a huge house.

Jack and I both didn't move. Alex took off his seatbelt and shifted the gear into park and turned off the car.

"You guys coming?" He asked. I looked at him.

"THIS is your house?" I asked.

"Yep." He answered. I looked back at Jack and we both had the same expression. I could get used to this? Maybe?

I got out and went to the trunk and opened it. I was about to grab the bags when people approached me from the house.

"We will take your bags, miss." The one said.

"No that's okay." I said.

"Let them." Alex said. I looked at him and backed up a bit. Okay, not sure I could get used to this.

Jack and I was called by our father. We followed him inside the house. He showed us to our rooms.

Mine was pretty small but I was actually living for it. I started to unpack when my phone started to go off. It was Sam, face-timing me.

"Hey Sammy." I said smiling a bit, obviously pressing answer.

"Hi baby, how's it going?" He asked.

"It's going good. It's a really pretty place but it doesn't feel right here." I said, laying down on my back on my bed.

"It won't feel right for a while. You'll get used to it. Anyways, I got to go, Colby and I have to film." He said.