Chapter 20

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
January 16th, 2017
Nova Taylor - first person
(the next day)

I woke up on the cold, wooden floor in my bedroom. I tried to sit up but my head was pounding.

I don't remember much of last night, I just know I had gotten drunk and cried but nothings ringing a bell as to why.

I walked downstairs and took an aspirin. I gulped the water down and sighed. My eyes were super sore.

I walked over to the front door to see if Sam's shoes were there, they weren't. I walked back upstairs to look for his bags, gone.

Did he already leave? Without telling me? I wondered. I called him, waiting for a voice to come through.

On the third ring, he picked up. It was a small silence before I said anything to him.

"Hey, where are you? Did you make it back here last night?" I asked, pacing the floor.

"Nova, I'm on my way to the airport." He said, going silent. I paused before I said anything.

"Y-you didn't think to say goodbye?" I asked, trying not to break down.

"I'm sorry. You were passed out on the floor, I didn't want to wake you." He said.

"Erm- So? That's a shitty excuse Sam." I said, being a little pissed off.

"I'm hanging up, I don't want to deal with this shit right now." He said and hung up.

I sighed and laid on my back in my bed. I felt like such a bitch - well, I am.

I heard footsteps into my room, I looked up to see Kate. She looked like she had something on her mind. I sat up.

"Hey?" I said.

"Hey, uh. Are you busy?" She asked.

"Not at all, what's up?" I replied. She shut the door and slowly walked to my bed.

"I don't know if you'll believe me." She said, looking down a bit.

"Believe you? What do you mean? What's going on?" I asked, feeling antsy.

"Nova..I saw Sam with a girl at the park yesterday." She said. I grew shocked.

"Oh?" I said.

"They looked close, maybe I'm overreacting? I was out for a walk when I saw him hug her and kiss her on the cheek." She said.

"Oh. Okay." I said, not being mad at her, just upset with everything that has happened since he's been here.

"I'm so sorry." She said, hugging me. I hugged her back and I nodded. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I grabbed it and looked at it, to see a tag, from a fan-page. I went onto Instagram and clicked on the tag.

It was under an account name 'katrinastuartofficial'. I got confused as to why they tagged me.

I scrolled up, reading the comments. I spot a familiar person, Sam?!

"Hey, uh Kate? Is this her?" I asked, showing her the picture. She instantly nodded her head. I sighed.

"Their probably just friends Nova." She said, trying to make me feel a little better.

"I- I don't know at this point." I said, putting my phone down.

"What do you mean?" She asked, rubbing my back slowly to comfort me.

"We've been fighting constantly, ever since he's been here, it's been hell. Now, I guess I kinda know why." I said, shrugging.

"Babes, no. How bout you call him later?" She asked.

"I can't." I said.

"You two need to work it out, honestly. Give it some time, call tomorrow, okay?" She said.

"Why do I have to be putting the effort in though, when has he ever gave back that effort?" I asked.

"Girl, I don't know your relationship. So I can't tell you, give it time." She said, I nodded my head.

She got up and walked away. I fell backwards on my bed, stressed as hell. I didn't know what to do.

Sam Golbach - first person

I finally landed back in Kansas. My mom picked me up and I asked her to take me to Colby's.

"How was it? How was Nova? I miss her." She said, I huffed.

"It was fine." I lied.

"Just fine?" She asked me.

"Yea, I guess." I said, looking out the window.

"I can tell your lying, you probably won't tell me but I'd like you too." She said, glancing at me and looking back at the road.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yes Sam?" She asked, still staring at the road.

"What happens if your in love with someone else, but your already dating someone?" I asked. She looked at me, a little shocked.

"Y-your falling out of love with Nova?" She asked, stuttering a bit.

I thought about it for a minute. My mom loves her, so do I. But Katrina, she's different.

"Mom, I just don't feel much for Nova anymore. I met a girl in LA, she's really sweet." I said.

"Wait, so you went down to see your girlfriend, just to find another girl?" She asked.

"I didn't plan on meeting someone else. I just happened to go to a bar - by myself and I met her." I replied.

"Why did you go by yourself? Where was Nova?" She asked, getting angrier.

"I stormed off on her, we fought the whole week. Maybe a break will do." I said, she seemed sad now.

"Do what you want Sam, what your happy with." She said.

I grabbed my phone and texted her, yes texting her is a pretty dick move but I didn't give a fuck.

~
TEXT MESSAGES
nova☄️🤍

hey, I'm sorry to do this to you,
but I think we need a break.
read 9:23 am

~

A/N
I'm sorry this chapter sucked.
not sure where I'm going with it, but that was the tea for today.

I may end this soon and either make an 'epilogue' or whatever you call it at the end. not sure I wanna do sequels,

I don't really like them.
put your feedback tho <3
-vryyummy