Chapter 11

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
December 13th, 2016
Nova Taylor - first person

It was almost 3 am when I randomly woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep so I walked downstairs. I grabbed my phone and sat on the couch. Sam hasn't been texting me as often and it's been two weeks.

I went into messages to see if he replied, nope. I threw my phone beside me and huffed. I started crying. I never really been in relationships before, this was painful.

Maybe I'm over exaggerating? I took a deep breathe and forced myself to stop crying. I grabbed a blanket and passed right out on the couch.

~

I fluttered my eyes open. It was now several hours later. The sun was shining very brightly. I grabbed my phone to check what time it was.

It was already 10:07 AM. I jumped up and made sure Jack was off to school, which he was. Thank gosh. I quickly ran upstairs, got dressed, no makeup. I grabbed my shoes and ran back downstairs.

I grabbed my bag, packed it and went out the door. I locked the door and ran down the street. I ended up falling which leaded to a few cuts and bruises.

I arrived to the school and made sure to check myself in. I ran to my locker and put my things inside. I tried to catch my breathe.

I walked into my class, which had Sam and Colby in it. The senior class thing was still going on. Maybe I have a chance to talk to him?

"Miss Taylor, you're late." Ms. Vienneau, the grouchy teacher said. Everyone's eyes were on me. Before I could say something, somebody else spoke up.

"She's probably late because her mom did some weird things before she left." This one girl said, a few people laughed.

"Yea, cool." I said. I walked over to a desk and sat down. Sam avoided complete eye contact with me. The teacher kept teaching.

I didn't really pay attention, I just let my thought's get in the way. Maybe moving to California will be better for me. I want to fix things between us.

Finally, the bell for lunch rang. I stood up, grabbed my things and chased after Sam. I was scared, but prepared.

"Sam!" I yelled. He turned around on his heel, to face me.

"What?" He asked.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"I guess?" He said, probably confused. I put everything in my bag and made him follow me. I wanted to take this outside. We sat down and I faced him.

"What the hell has been going on with you recently?" I asked, not trying to sound like a prick.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Sam, you've been avoiding my text messages, avoiding eye contact. Why? What did I do?" I asked him, trying to hold myself together.

"You didn't do anything, I've just been busy." He said.

"Quit bullshitting me Sam. You keep getting pissed at me for the littlest reasons. There has to be a reason?" I asked.

"You wanna know why?" He asked. I nodded my head yes.

"You've been so depressed, so let down, so boring. You don't even want to leave the house half of the time." My jaw dropped a little.

"I'm sorry I can't fix my feelings. Who the hell are you to tell me how to feel?" I asked, nearly in tears.