Elena's Scheme

Elena

Elena smirked as she looked in the mirror. She pulled down the already plunging neckline of her red dress so it showed just a peek of the lacy black bra she wore underneath. With her lips stained red and her dark glossy hair falling around her, she knew looked positively delicious.

"If he thinks Caroline is hot, there's no way he'll be able to resist me," she thought, smiling in to the mirror again.

Ever since she'd flipped the switch on her pesky human feelings, one of the only things that brought Elena pleasure (or as close as she could get to pleasure, being emotionless and all) was making Caroline Forbes as angry as possible. Elena had tried everything: she'd teased her about her secret desires for Klaus, she'd attacked her mother, and finally committed the most criminal act of all- stolen her prom dress. Elena giggled at the memory. She'd thought for sure that would send Caroline over the edge, but she just kept coming back, trying to be "supportive", trying to get Elena to turn her humanity back on. God, that girl was just so needy.

Well, Elena was going to change that. After tonight, Caroline would never cry to her again about missing her best friend. "If she thinks having her prom dress stolen is bad," Elena thought, slipping in to her favorite pair of black stilettos, "how will she feel about me stealing her man?"

Elena giggled again, and with that she left the Salvatore mansion, heading to Klaus'.

Klaus

Klaus sat swirling a tumbler of bourbon, looking in to the fire. His thoughts were on Caroline, as always. Her laugh, that pointed look she gave him, the way she looked like an angel in the white dress he'd given her on prom night. The thought had him springing to his feet and he started pacing in front of the fire as he remembered she'd spent that night dancing with Tyler.

What was it about her that drove him so mad? He was an original- no the Original- he had spent a thousand years being the single most powerful creature on Earth. He'd seduced and been seduced by thousands of beautiful queens and models, all willing to give him anything he desired, all desiring to fulfill his wishes. Now suddenly he found himself begging for scraps from a small town baby vampire.

It made him furious.

Suddenly, Klaus was torn from his thoughts at the sound of the doorbell. He frowned, turning towards it, wondering who dared to interrupt him and if he would be committing murder tonight. Klaus swung the door open and was immediately consumed with fury when he found Katerina Petrova on the other side, smirking at him. He no longer had to wonder- he would definitely be committing murder tonight.

"Good evening, Katerina," he said pleasantly, taking in her low cut red dress.

"Guess again," she giggled.

He was taken aback. "Elena?"

"Good evening, Klaus," she giggled again. He was immediately suspicious. Here was the typically plain doppleganger, standing in front of him scantily clad with a seductive smile, shortly after he had destroyed her life. He had seen this method of distraction from her posse before, only it was usually Caroline they sent to do the job. "Maybe she refused this time," he thought somewhat sadly.

In half a second he had the doppleganger pinned against the wall by her throat. "Tell me what this is about or you will find yourself dying slowly from a werewolf bite without any hope of a cure." He expected her to drop the facade immediately, he waited for fear to flash through her eyes.