Chapter 11

-------------------> WHEN REGULUS BLACK RETURNED TO NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE FOR DINNER, he was a little surprised to see Bellatrix and Narcissa in the parlour along with his parents

-------------------> WHEN REGULUS BLACK RETURNED TO NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE FOR DINNER, he was a little surprised to see Bellatrix and Narcissa in the parlour along with his parents. In fact, it was only about a minute later that the realisation of why they were there hit him like a bombarda.

It was Saturday.

Narcissa always insisted that she and Bellatrix have dinner with their favourite Aunt, Uncle and cousin on Saturday.

Narcissa greeted him as soon as her crystal blue eyes met his stormy grey ones. She stood up from the love seat she had been previously sitting on and moved forward to give him a hug.

"Regulus! I missed you so much! Look at you; it seems like you grow taller everytime I see you!" She exclaimed with a pout in the end. Narcissa had always been mad about the fact that she was the shortest in their entire family.

Regulus chuckled as he hugged her back. "I missed you too, Cissa. How are you? And how is little Draco?" 

"Both of us are splendid, thank you for asking." Narcissa replied with a smile, releasing him. "And what about you?" 

"Oh, you know. The same." 

"I sincerely doubt that." Narcissa said. "I read in the afternoon paper that you worked with the Unspeakable's to find the Chamber of Secrets! Oh Regulus, that is absolutely wonderful! I am so proud of you." She said, wrapping him into yet another hug.

"It was nothing really. It was all Ara." He replied honestly.

Narcissa lightly het him on his head. "Nonsense, Mister-Highest-Score-In-History. You should really stop downplaying your role." She chided with a tsk.

Regulus rolled his eyes with a fond smile. Narcissa just had a way of reminding him why she was one of his most favourite people in the world.

Narcissa's statement seemed to remind everybody else to congratulate him on discovering Salazar Slytherin's legendary Chamber of Secrets. They gushed over him and waved away any time he tried to tell them that it was Ara who had done it all.

"I am sure the Dark Lord will be very pleased by your discovery." Bellatrix told him, clapping him on his back. "Although, did you have to kill the basilisk? Salazar Slytherin's beast is historical, after all." 

Regulus leaned in close at that, making it seem like he was telling them all a big secret and in turn, making his parents and cousins curious. "Between you and me, the only reason Ara even wanted to find Salazar Slytherin's Chamber of Secrets was to kill the basilisk." 

"Why?" Narcissa asked curiously.

Regulus shrugged at that. "She wouldn't tell me no matter how many times I asked her, but I personally believe that she needs it for some research of sorts because after killing the basilisk, the only, and I repeat, the only thing that she took was it's eyes."