Chapter 10

-------------------> THEY REALLY WEREN'T THAT FORTUNATE IN THE LUCK DEPARTMENT, because Regulus and Ara had exited from Moaning Myrtle's bathroom only to be caught like a snitch by a Seeker in front of many, many students who were apparently comin...

-------------------> THEY REALLY WEREN'T THAT FORTUNATE IN THE LUCK DEPARTMENT, because Regulus and Ara had exited from Moaning Myrtle's bathroom only to be caught like a snitch by a Seeker in front of many, many students who were apparently coming back to their Common Rooms after lunch. Most of them were wearing Slytherin and Hufflepuff robes.

The students were pointing at their robes and mummering amongst themselves. Regulus could recognise a few of the students from the Quidditch teams and a few others from his house. He didn't know what to do. He had assumed that they would have been able to make a clean getaway like they had entered without being spotted.

So much for optimism.

Regulus glanced at her confusedly with just a hint of worry, so Ara took the lead, smiling brightly even though nobody but him could see it. "Good morning everybody." She greeted them.

It was better for her to do all the talking considering that there were still many students who would be able to recognise him if he spoke, since he had just graduated the previous year.

She received a few chorus of greetings back, but most of them continued to stare at them with either frightened or weary expressions on their faces.

"I am Unspeakable Flamel," She introduced, before gesturing to Regulus, "And this is Unspeakable White. I am sure you all are wondering why we are here," Here all the students nodded.

"Tell me," Ara said with a smirk, "What do you know about the Chamber of Secrets?"

Nobody responded.

"Anybody?" She prompted.

A Slytherin girl who Regulus recognised as Evangeline Rosier hesitated before answering, "It was built by Salazar Slytherin. Nobody knows whether it has been found or not."

Ara happily clapped her hands. "Well, actually, my correspondent and I found it. It's in the bathroom behind us, under a sink. The only problem is that you need to know Parseltongue to open it and the whole, man-killing fifty-foot basilisk thing-"

"-A BASILISK!-" A Hufflepuff exclaimed with fright.

"-Yes, that is what I just said. Try to keep up." Ara continued. "Anyway, so as I was saying, the bathroom behind us is now officially Unspeakable territory for the time being. My partner and I have set up very dangerous wards so I suggest that you try not to sneak into the lavatory unless you want to be drowned in water, electrocuted, have all your blood cells turned into sand and permanently become a ferret." She gestured to the door to enter the lavatory. "You can try to enter and see if I am lying, if you don't believe me."

At least two Hufflepuff's fainted at her statement while everybody else vigorously shook their heads.

Ara happily clapped her hands together once more. "Great! Any questions?"