Chapter 20

---------------------------> WOOL'S ORPHANAGE STOOD TALL AND GRIM, just like she had remembered from the pensive of the past-future

Regulus gave the muggle building an unimpressed look. "This is where the most feared Dark Lord of all time grew up?"

"Yup," Ara replied, popping the word. She turned to face him. "Shall we?" She asked, intertwining their pinky fingers once more.

Regulus' eyes sparkled with amusement, despite the brooding future. "Let's."

The two of them walked into the orphanage.

Children of all ages ran around laughing before stopping abruptly at the sight of the two of them and adopting hopeful looks.

Ara felt guilty at their expressions and she gave them a small wave.

The orphanage was cold enough that she leaned into Regulus for extra body-warmth, causing him to half-hug her. The two of them painted a lovely picture of a young couple looking forward to starting a family, even if they didn't know it.

Some of the children whispered lowly into the ears of the others over how beautiful the girl looked and how handsome the man was, and upon noticing the large diamond rings and expensive clothing, they gleefully gushed over how wealthy and kind the couple must be. They expressed with hopeful voices over how much they wished they were adopted by this couple.

However, none of these quiet, silent whispers reached the ears of either Ara or Regulus, as the two were currently very goal-oriented. They had to find the diary.

Ara seemed to remember approximately where the matron's office was, so she guided the two of them into the corridors and through the doors.

The matron had just been about to shout at them when she realised that they weren't children, but adults. After that, she quickly welcomed them into her office and the two parties exchanged social pleasantries.

And since Regulus was still not entirely warm and comfortable with the idea of talking to muggles, Ara took the lead.

"I'm Molly, and this is my husband Severus." Ara introduced.

"Hello Molly, Severus." The matron greeted with a smile, making Ara flash her a blinding smile while Regulus nod curtly at her. "Are you both looking to adopt?"

Ara let out an awkward laugh. "Not exactly," she said, making the matron frown. "You see, the thing is, my older brother visited this orphanage recently and he left a diary here. This black leather-bound one that I had given him for his birthday. It has the encryption of T.M.Riddle at it's back in gold. And we really need that diary. My husband and I had recorded extremely important transactions in it, so could you please help us find it?" She asked in a near-pleading tone.

The matron blinked. "Oh, I do know what diary you are speaking about but when I had looked inside it, it was completely blank." Her eyes narrowed suspiciously.