Chapter 3

{Lucy POV}

First day of school.

Even when you move into a new family, they make you go to school. So don't go asking your parents if you could be adopted. Please and thank you.

I woke up at exactly 6 in the morning and took a quick shower. After drying my hair and doing all of my stuff, I changed into my uniform.

"And of course..." I looked at the skirt that was up to half of my thighs. "The skirt has to be so fricking short..."

I checked to make sure I didn't look bad. The bag slung over my shoulders, and a little bit of lip gloss made my lips glow. Hair is all the way down and up to my waist.

Perfect. I think. I hope.

I exited my room, and walked down the stairs. By this time, it was 7. School started in an hour and a half.

"Lucy, dear? Would you like breakfast?" I entered the kitchen. Zeref and Natsu were already sitting down, eating. They looked up when I came in.

"No, thank you. I don't eat breakfast. And I want to go to school early." I said, and Mrs. Dragneel turned around.

"Oh, really?" She asked. "Alright then."

"Zeref here told me what happened yesterday." Mr. Dragneel said. The heat rose in my cheeks.

"Um...yeah..."

"Do you want us to take you to Zeref's pharmacy after school?"

I waved my hands in front of me. "Oh no! I have an appointment after school, so I'll be visiting after. Thank you!"

"You're going to school right now?" Mrs. Dragneel asked. "You still have some time..."

"Yes. I'm just going to look around, and see if I can find all my classes." I said.

"You should still eat before you go."

"Uh...No, it's okay." I apologetically smiled at her as she gave me disappointed pout. "I'm sorry..."

She nodded. "It's okay. Just make sure to eat a lot when you get home, ok?"

"Yeah."

They smiled. Natsu continued to eat like I wasn't there.

I left the house, plugging my earphones into my phone.

Over the weeks, Zeref helped me walk to my new school, and it didn't take too long to go, so I just hummed as I walked.

"Fake love...Fake Love....Fake love..." I sang quietly.

I wasn't very confident with my voice. I wanted to learn how to sing, so I made some lyrics up.

To be honest, I wanted to go to school early to practice my songs and my voice in peace. I already knew the school a bit.

When I entered the school, I went straight to the office to get my schedule.

"Hello!" A white-haired girl said cheerfully. She smiled at me and was standing in front of a big box. "You're here quite early. Nervous?"

"Uh huh..." I said, pursing my lips. "You don't mind if I stay in the school, right? And is it ok if I get my schedule right now? I'm new, so I want to hurry and find my class."

"Of course, of course. I just need your name."

"Lucy Heartfilia." I said, and she nodded, searching through the box.

"Here it is!" She handed me the paper. "Good luck, Lucy!"

"Thank you."

mathematics, social studies, Japanese, science, and English