Chapter 18

{Natsu POV}

Lucy's body tensed under my grip. 

"It's...who?"

"Shh...it's alright, I'm here." I said, hugging her a little tighter. "You're going to be just fine." 

"S-Sting? Sting Eucliffe? Stingbean?"

"Lucy, please. Don't think about him." She started to shiver. 

"It's Sting..."

I pulled her up so that her face was close to mine. Her eyes were brimmed with tears. Her pupils moved around nervously. Her hands covered the lower part of her mouth. 

"I'm going to keep you safe. I promise." I pecked her lightly, and she calmed down a little bit. 

I looked at Sting. He saw Lucy. 

His eyes were wide. His girlfriend, Yukino, must have seen too. She sneered. 

(GOMENSAI YUKINO I LOVE YOUUUUUU😭😭)

"Don't you even think about it." I muttered. 

He started to walk towards us. 

I held my hand out, as if telling him, "Stop". 

He ignored me, and reached us. 

"L-Lucy...?"

"Leave me alone!" She whispered, clutching tighter onto my clothes. 

"It's me, Sting. Lucy..."

"Well, what a coincidence." Yukino said. "We meet again." 

"You both leave Lucy alone." I said, anger rippling across my face. 

"Lucy, it's me." 

"I said to leave me alone!" She said, a bit louder. I hugged her tighter. 

"It's ok, Lucy." I said. "Let's go home." 

"You're...You're dating your brother." He said. "I-I saw you two kiss." 

"Isn't there like a term for that? Insert? Increst?" Yukino bumped her fist into her palm. "Right, incest." 

"We're not family. She's an adopted child." I said, pulling Lucy away from Sting. 

{Lucy POV}

Please let this be a nightmare, please let this be a nightmare...

Nope! 

Reality is cruel. 

My shivering body was up against Natsu's. 

He pulled me back, away from Sting. And for the first time in a long time, I saw his face. 

My Stingbean changed so much...

His blonde hair was lighter, like he was getting older. His scar over his eye was gone. 

Gone?

Then I noticed tiny little specks on his face. 

Makeup. He used makeup to hide his scar. 

He looked thinner. And sadder. And he looked me straight in the eye. 

"You're just like me..." He said. "Going behind my back. You replaced me with your brother?" 

I small whimper escaped my mouth. Sting was the reason for all of my scars, physically and mentally. 

"She never replaced you. She just couldn't figure out who her heart belonged to." Natsu said. "And lost her path."