Chapter 4

{Lucy POV}

Ok.

I give up.

He can't change.

The whole day, Natsu's been relentlessly teasing me, tripping me, and hurting me.

But I just swallowed down all of my insults and anger and proceeded like nothing happened, just to get on his nerves(or let him see just how much of a problem-child he is).

But there's a limit to my patience!

"Why are you holding everything down? Why not just let it all out?" Lisanna asked. I shook my head. "I thought you were gonna change him. Not so sure anymore, huh?"

"Yeah. I did expect the bullying and shit but damn, it's bad. And his family took me in, and I'm so grateful to them. Imagine what they would think when they realize that their adoptive daughter is being rude to their actual son." I said, nibbling on my sandwich.

"I guess you're right." Levy said. "But on the other hand...They'll punish him for acting like that, you know. You're still technically their kid, too."

"Eh...Maybe. He doesn't act like that at home so I expected him to just leave me alone..." I said, standing up to throw everything away. I lost my appetite.

"Yo, blonde twerp!" I ignored him.

"Hey. You're ignoring me again!" He said, and pushed me so that I landed next to the trash can. My friends rushed over.

I got up and dusted myself off.

"You're being immature, you know." I snapped, attempting to go back to my seat.

"Aw, someone afraid to look me in the eye?" He asked. "Scared that they might make their fake parents mad?"

I clenched my fists. "Shut it. You should know when to stop. And don't call your parents fake, it's rude."

"But it's true. Why'd you even move in with us in the beginning?"

"It wasn't her decision." Erza said, standing up. "You're acting like a child!"

Natsu ignored her and continued.

"Oh, well. I guess once your parents die, you do have to go to an orphanage..." Natsu taunted, pretending to tap his chin. I felt the blood rise in my ears. "Why'd your parents die, hm? A stupid car accident? Awww, did your mommy have cancer?"

My hand instinctively went up and slapped him in the face. The room turned silent, obviously shocked at my secret.

"You...You—!"

"There's a line you shouldn't cross, Natsu," I said, in a low mutter, before my foot went up and kicked him in the shin. He groaned, falling to the floor. "Shut your pathetic mouth and fuck off."

He smirked playfully, pissing me off.

"Wouldn't Mom and Dad be so disappointed in you? And angry? What would they think if they realize you hit me? Their real son?"

Suddenly, Levy walked up to him and punched him square in the face. Then Lisanna came over and kicked his shin. He fell to the floor.

"Ow! What the—"

"I'm fine since I'm not your sister, right? Thank fucking god, I'm not! Don't. You. DARE! Joke about cancer." Levy said. I looked at them in surprise. Erza ran up to me.

"Their moms passed away from cancer..." She whispered. I gulped.

"Who the hell do you think you are, punching him like that?" One of his friends asked.