Chapter 16

{Lucy POV}

I stayed in shock, my eyes wide. 

Natsu just kissed me. 

He kissed me.

My eyes were wide open, and I saw that his were closed. He was kissing me gently. 

When we parted for air, he wiped his lips and rubbed the back of his head. 

"I-I..." He tried to make words, but I guessed it didn't work. I touched my lips. 

"Sorry, I'll leave now." 

How can he just go like that?!

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down. 

I underestimated my strength. 

Either that, or Natsu was clumsy. 

I'll go with number 2. 

He stumbled and landed on the bed. 

And guess what?

That's right!

I was on the bed. 

So he landed on me. 

Our faces were inches apart. We were staring wide-eyed at each other, not being able to move. 

"Um..." I tried to look away. "You-You can't just go like that after you kissed me..." 

"Haha...I guess you're right..." 

He slowly crawled off of me. 

We stayed in silence. 

"I like you!"

"I like you!"

We said the exact same thing at the exact same time. 

Holyyyyyyy shit. 

"Um...you do?" I asked. Natsu's face turned bright red. 

"What about you? You said you liked me too." Natsu said, hiding in his scarf. 

"Well...I..." I looked down at my hands again. 

"Lucy!" I flinched. 

"Mom?" 

"Oh my poor dear baby." I was engulfed in a big hug. I smiled slightly. 

"Are you feeling alright? What about your scars? Are you hungry? Should I make you something?" She asked, touching my face. 

"I'm fine—"

"Should I get you medicine? How about some painkillers? Should I leave you alone so you can go back to slee—"

"Mama! I'm fine!" Then I covered my mouth with my hand. 

Silence. Mrs. Dragneel looked at me in shock. Natsu smirked. 

"Um...I mean—"

"THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" She yelled out, making me flinch again. 

"Mom, you're overreacting—"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh god bless your soul!" She squeezed me tight. "You called me Mom!"

"Um, actually I called you Mama—"

"Doesn't matter! Oh goodness, I'm going to call your dad about this!" She skipped out the door and closed. 

"Um...that was...exciting?" I said, rubbing my arms. 

"Why'd you call her Mama?"

I looked at Natsu. "She reminded me of my mom. Always asking me if I was okay, if she should get me something, or if something was wrong..."

I smiled sadly. "Now that I think about it, your mom and my mom are so much alike." 

"Hey." Natsu sat at the edge of the bed. "And now we have the same mom." 

I smiled teasingly. "Which is why we can't like each other." I said, pushing his nose slightly. 

"That's a different matter we should discuss." He said, crossing his arms. 

"Your dad is not going to leave me alone once he finds out." 

Just as I said that, Zeref and Mr. Dragneel busted open the door. 

"Lucy!" They both ran up to me. Seriously, my flinching is never-ending today. 

"Call me Dad!" Mr. Dragneel said, sitting next to me. 

"Um..." I said, leaning back a little. "Dad?"

"Dad, you're making her feel uncomfortable. Stop it!" Natsu said, pushing him back. 

"Oh, alright, but it's a start!" Mr. Dragneel said. "And Lucy, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm alright, thank you." 

"Don't you ever do that shit again, young lady." 

"Dad!"

"Sorry." 

"Yes sir." 

"You've already called me Nii-Chan before, remember?" Zeref asked me, wiggling his eyebrows. My face turned red with embarrassment. 

"Stop it." I managed to say, before they left. 

After that, Natsu and I were alone again. 

"You wanna try calling me Nii-Chan?"

"Not you too!" 

He smirked and left the room. 

(Time skip, dinner.)

I had a hard time swallowing my food. My throat burned, and I didn't have much of an appetite. What, you starve for a week, and you eat less. 

"Just try, okay?" Zeref said, and I nodded. I swallowed again, and winced at the pain. I clenched my fist, which was on my lap. 

I felt something warm wrap around my clenched fist, and I looked down. 

Natsu...

He was holding my hand. I looked at him, but he pretended not to notice. 

I smiled slightly, thankful for his comfort. 

"Lucy, we got a call from school, saying that if we didn't send you to school, you might have to  do summer school." Mr. Dragneel said. "Do you think you can go to school?"

I nodded immediately. "Of course." 

They looked worriedly at me. "Are you sure? You're still pretty weak..."

"She can skip PE or something." Natsu said, shrugging. "Not a big deal." 

"Great idea! I'll go write the note." 

After dinner, I went up to my room. 

"Yo." I turned around, and saw Natsu. I smiled weakly. 

"Thanks for earlier."

"What?"

"You know, when you held my hand." 

"Oh, right." 

Awkward silence. 

"So...about...you know..." Natsu said. He looked at me. 

"Wanna hang out this weekend?"