Chapter 6

{Natsu POV}

A few hours passed. Mom, Dad, and Zeref arrived a while ago. Doctors were going in and out. Mom was crying, and Zeref was fidgeting with his hands. He only did that when he was nervous.

"Who are the parents of the patient?" A doctor appeared in front of us. Mom stood up. So did Dad.

"What is happening to Lucy?" She asked, tears streaming down her face.

"Luckily, nothing bad is happening. She's fainted from repressed trauma." We blinked.

"Trauma?"

"She has anxiety disorder, correct?"

"Yes. I diagnosed her."

"Her disorder must have added to her trauma. She's unconscious at the moment, but should wake up soon. I ovule suggest to take her to a therapist if she continues to get worse like this."

Lucy was carried out in a bed, and she was sound asleep. They ran up to her bed, stroking her hair.

"I'm such a terrible mom...I can't even take care of my adopted kid right..." Mom said. I rubbed her arms in a comforting manner, trying to calm her down.

I looked down at Lucy. Her face was still a bit pale, but she looked better.

"We're lucky nothing serious happened." Dad said.

"Hey, Natsu?" Zeref called me. His lips were pressing against each other, like he was thinking.

"Yeah?" He waited until Mom and Dad were out of earshot, and started to talk.

"Something the doctor said is weird."

"What? Nothing seemed weird to me."

"Trauma. They said that she fainted because of trauma. What happened before you guys came home?"

"She was about to obliterated by some drunk dude."

He snapped. "That must be it. She has trauma of some sort. Something that has to do with rape or abuse."

I furrowed by eyebrows in disgust. "Ok, and?"

"The doctor also mentioned repressed trauma. It's rare, but sometimes trauma that's been forgotten or overcome may come back again." Zeref said.

"So what do you want me to do? Just ask?"

"That's exactly what I want you to do." I blinked.

"You think she'd listen to me?"

"I think I would be too awkward with her. I am still older than you guys. You guys are the same age."

"You talk to her!"

"Natsu, would it hurt to listen to your brother for once?"

"Yes. It would hurt like hell."

He clapped my shoulder. "You'll do great."

"Wait—"

He dragged me into the room, where Mom and Dad sat waiting.

"Hey, Mom? Natsu volunteered to stay overnight with Lucy."

They turned around, in surprise.

"Really? Are you sure?" They asked. I blinked super fast.

"Wait, I didn't—"

Zeref covered my mouth. And here's a lesson: licking someone's hand doesn't get them to move.

"Yep, he's sure." Zeref gave me an encouraging look.