𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕡𝕦𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕔 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤ᶠⁱᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ

"Would you like to get some rest? I have some other clothes that you could change into if you'd like, " Korei offered when they entered her room. She walked over to her balcony door and made sure it was locked as Hanta locked her main door. The black-haired boy didn't really want to be here, knowing it was hurting him more. He thought for a moment, did he want to go to sleep? It wasn't that late. "I've got some snacks and stuff too, you know that."

"Korei, " he interrupted, watching her as she stopped in the middle of her room. She was still wearing that cute outfit, her make-up still intact. She looked like someone Hanta could fall in love with. Her golden-brown eyes were wide and innocent, looking up at him and waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. "Would you dance with me?" He asked. "Right here, right now?"

"Well, yeah, " she nodded, brushing a few strands of hair out of her face. "Do you want me to put on a song?" She asked, reaching for her phone in her pocket. Hanta stopped her, his hand grabbing her wrist as he stepped closer to her. Korei stared up at him, her eyes twinkling in the glow of her fairy lights.

"Just hold me, " he said and Korei nodded once again, not sure of what to say. Hanta placed her hands on his shoulders, his finding their spots on her hips. Their eyes remained locked for a moment before Korei buried her head in Hanta's chest. Her cheek rested on the soft fabric of his t-shirt as they gently swayed together. There was no music playing, just the sounds of their shuffling feet and gentle breathing. If one listened close enough, they could hear the other's heartbeat.

It should have been relaxing and calming but it wasn't. Korei's feelings were all tangled and she couldn't decipher if she like liked Hanta or if it was just because he was so nice. This wasn't supposed to be nice for Hanta, it was his way of telling her goodbye. He wasn't planning on leaving or anything, he was just...letting her go. He's held on too tight and he's tried too hard. Maybe if they had met at a different time, it would have worked out.

His heart ached, tears burning in his black eyes as they continued swaying. It was only two days and three nights that they spent together. She was never his but he liked to think she was for a short moment there.

"H-hanta, " Korei's voice cracked as she untangled her limbs from his. He wiped a few of his own tears away, looking down at her and mouthing the word 'what?' Nothing came out because he was so broken. "I-i'm, " she knew it now. She is his crush. He liked her all during their second year and he wrote a book about her. "I'm, " she tried to say again, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm the girl, ar-aren't I?"

Hanta stiffened, not knowing what to say. Should he lie and say that she's not? Would telling the truth make her upset? He really didn't know what to do to make this better. Korei knew and he couldn't fix this. He bit his cheek, nervously nodding. "Y-yeah?"

Korei was shocked. Hanta liked her. Hanta liked her! Hanta likes her! What does this mean? What should she say? Did she want to be in a relationship with him? Would things work out for them? He already makes her feel like she's the best thing in the world, what would it be like to date him? Kiss him? To just exist beside him and be able to say that she was proudly in a relationship with him? What would it be like? Her heart began to race, excitement flooding her veins as she perked up a bit. Her next words were cut off though, by Hanta's rambling.

"But I know you don't like me back so I'll back off, ya know? I want to be your best friend still and that means I'll help you with everything, " he said, looking up at her ceiling before letting his eyes fall back down onto her. Maybe if he looked away from her long enough, he'd look back and not think she was perfect? "So I'll help you with Kirishima, and hopefully we can still do what we've been doing because we've only been friends. It's creepy, I know, but I really don't want to lose you. Like you said on that first night, I'd like to keep you in my life for the rest of it." He forced a smile, hoping that it convinced Korei that he was okay. "Can we still be best friends?"

"Y-yeah, " she nodded, biting the tip of her tongue to stop from telling Hanta about her feelings. She was confused about them so she didn't want to tell him she liked him like that and then, later on, realize she doesn't. "Yep! We can definitely be friends still!" She waved off the confession. "It's not like I care about you any less or anything. You're special! I feel like I've known you my whole life and that's not easy to come by." She rambled, trying her hardest to find something to talk about. She felt so awkward, so upset with herself, but she made a promise that she wouldn't hurt him. "Nothing has to change, " she whispered, almost sounding like a question. Hanta looked at her, a gentle smile on his lips as he shook his head. "I'm sorry that I hurt you like that."

"It's not like you meant to, " he spoke, his hands grabbing for hers. "I caught feelings because you're absolutely amazing in every way possible. You didn't force that onto me." Korei couldn't help but giggle at what he said. Is it bad that knowing he had feelings for her made the compliments have even more meaning to her?

"Still, how can I make it up to you?" She asked softly as their hands swung side to side. Hanta hummed, thinking to himself before spinning her around and making her skirt bellow out. "Hey!" Korei shrieked with laughter, her hands quickly dropping to keep her skirt down. "You can't do that, Hanta!"

"Well, damn, " he feigned defeat, the two of them giggling together about it. They shared a much-needed hug, one that made the two of them feel like everything was okay. They wouldn't be the same after tonight, but they'd damn sure act like they were. "You wanna put a song on and finish that dance?"

"Most definitely, " Korei grinned, tugging her phone out and unlocking it. She pulled up a music playlist that she almost always listened to, letting the first song play. After placing her phone on her desk, she and Hanta resumed their dancing positions. Jake McElfresh's voice soothed the two confused teens as they swayed to his song, 'Private Fears in Public Places.' Neither of them was okay with the turnout of tonight but they didn't want to lose each other.