Chapter 16

〔Sakusa's POV〕

It's the first time I was late for practice. It was on purpose. I did it to avoid talking to him. Don't judge me. All the time I was actually thinking he liked me and he spit in my face. There're not even enough words for describing how much I hate him and how much I'm disappointed by myself for trusting him all the time. I don't want to see him, so even during pracrice I try to avoid eye contact as much as possible, always looking at the clock, checking how much time's left.

When practice is finally over, I decide to disappear as soon as possible. I'm not even gonna shower before I leave. I'd rather do it at home than dealing with the possibility of getting into a conversation with Miya. I quickly put all my stuff in my bag and head to the exit, almost running.

But then I feel someone grabbing my wrist.

When I turn around I see the one who's holding me back. Unsurprisingly it's Miya. I give him a gaze of death, but then notice that he isn't even looking at me, but down to the bottom.

"Go away.", I hiss, but he holds my arm even tighter, not letting go of me. Don't talk to me. Let me go. I don't wanna see you.

"I'm not gonna give ya any germs.", he says with a quiet voice. I never saw him this quiet before, he's like a whole other person. But that won't change my mind. He's a master of acting sometimes. I'm not gonna let him fool me again.

"There're many ways to make a person sick." I finally get my arm released and want to leave. But before I could turn around, he looks up and I'm freezing. Did he... cry? Because he looks like... His eyes swollen like tears were running out of them for hours. Why didn't I notice it before?

Oh, right. I was avoiding eye contact.

I turn away, pretending not to care. Just... don't care! It's not that difficult! He did nothing to deserve my pity! So why am I feeling so much like helping him?

"I said go away, rat.", I repeat.

He gets a little angry and takes a step closer to me. Then grabs my jacket collar and looks at me like I'm the worst, anger in his eyes. He opens his mouth, like he wants to say something, but stops and closes it again. He lets go of my jacket and steps back. Looks like he's struggling. But why?

"AaAaAaAaAaAaAh! OMI-SAN! ATSUMU-SAN! Please HELP ME!", I hear Hinata screaming. He's running towards us and interrupts our little 'conversation'. "I can't find my BAHAHAG!", he says almost crying.

"Okay, calm down. What do you expect us to do?", I ask and go past Atsumu like he doesn't even exist. I can see him turning around from the corner of my eye.

"I already said! HELP ME!", Hinata repeats and my ears start to hurt a little. He's so loud, but then looking at me with his puppy eyes. "Pleeeeeaaaase!", he says and I can't say no. Fucking hate these puppy eyes. There're just too powerful.

"Okay, okay. Tell me where I should look.", I give in and his eyes start shining in happiness.

"Could you two please check the storage room? Me and Bokuto will search for it at the locker room."

"Why should it be in the storage room though?", I hear Atsumu giggling from behind. He sounds so confident, like nothing happened. It's scary how he's wearing a mask in front of other people. How do you even know what's real? But he's got a point. What would he do with his bag in the storage room?

"I had a call with someone, so maybe I left it somewhere there. But I can't remember where exactly I put it. PLEAAASE, I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!"

"Okay, stay calm. We'll do it.", I say and Hinata smiles up to the ears, then immediately runs away.

"Tell me when you find something!"

We head to the room, not saying anything. Even while searching we don't just say a single word to each other. The silence is scary as hell and I really want it to end. But I don't want to talk to him. I'm stuck in a very difficult situation, I guess.

"Ah, Shoyou. Ya found it?", I hear Miya asking after some time passed and look to the door. Hinata's standing there, not saying anything for a while, leaving both of us in confusion.

"I'm sorry, that was all Bokuto-san's idea.", he says like he kinda feels bad for something... and then closes the door.

"Wait-", is all I could say before I hear someone locking it.

A/NToday was the first day of my new school year and I'm literally crying

A/N
Today was the first day of my new school year and I'm literally crying. Please sign petition for three months of holidays. ✊😔