lost

I looked at my phone. So many kissed calls and unread texts from everyone. But I couldn't talk to them. It'd be too much.

I walked to the nearest gas station. I went up to the cash register.

"Hello. But can you tell me where I am? I'm kinda lost..." I questioned.

"You're in Inyo California." The lady answered. My eyes widened.

"Th-thank you..." I thanked.

I then walked out. I couldn't help it. I leaned against the side of the building and slid down. I was on the ground sitting in egg position covering my face.

"I'm so fucked." I cried. "I'm on the other side of the fucking state dressed like Nikki Sixx. With no where to go."

I was just talking to myself. I can't remember the last time I've actually cried like this.

"Hey. Are you alright?" A person asked me.

I wiped my face and looked up. There was a young man. He was decently dressed.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Sorry." I lied. He sat next to me.

"No you're not." He denied. "Do you need somewhere to go?" I thought for a second.

"I guess I got nothing left to loose." I admitted. He stood back up then helped me up. We got in his car.

"My name is Adam by the way. I'm 20. What about you?" I don't know why... But I felt like I could trust him.

"My name is Jordan. I'm 17." I answered. "Is this normal for you? To pick up dudes dressed like an 80s icon having a mental breakdown next to a dumpster?" He chuckled a little.

"No. But I can tell that there's something about you." He shrugged.

He pulled into the driveway of a huge house. I was baffled. We walked in.

"You're not gonna kill me, are you?" I implied.

"No. I'm not into that stuff." He responded.

"There's a catch." I insisted.

"Dude. Chill out. I just wanna help." He assured. The feeling of trust began to fade away.

"I'm sorry sir. You seem really nice. But... Sorry."

I began to walk to the door. But he grabbed me and held a gun to my head.

"No. You're not leaving." He demanded.

I did something that my dad taught me when I was younger. I stomped on his toe and kicked his shins. I ducked as the gun went off and he dropped it. Threw him over me making him slam onto his back.

I then ran out and sprinted down the street. All of a sudden a cop car stopped me.

"What are you doing running the streets in the middle of the night, son?" He got out and asked me.

"I'm just trying to get away! I'm on the other side of the state and have no clue how the fuck to get home!" I began to breakdown again.

"Hey, hey. Let's just get you to the station. Let's call home. And get you back there." He insisted.

He let me sit in the front seat. We soon got to the police station. I got taken to the back.

"Can you tell us who you are, where you're from, and what happened?" A police officer asked me.

"My name is Jordan Robertson, I'm 17, and from Monterey." I began. "My mom took me to therapy but I didn't want to go in. So I got on a bus to leave. I accidentally fell asleep. And ended up here."

"Okay. What's your mom's number and name?" I gave them her number and they called her.

"Hello, is this Lillian Robertson?... Well this is Officer Robert from the Inyo California police department. And we have your son; Jordan Robertson... Okay... Okay..." He then hung up and turned to me. "She'll be here as soon as possible. Do you need anything?" I shook my head no.