friend

"Has he embarrassed you yet?" Caleb asked Ruby. I stood up.

"You know what. For a slight second I thought 'Oh, I really should try and reconnect with my old friends. Maybe invite them over.' But no. Just because you asked that, that thought is out of the fucking window. You could've just said 'Oh hello. It's nice to meet you.' Or anything else." I was pissed. "Because I left to escape my old self. I don't wear those insane outfits nor makeup anymore. I don't drink or do drugs. And I don't talk about sex and yell out random shit costantly. And you just had to bring it up. You had to."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I kinda figured you were the same..." Caleb replied. I looked down at what I was wearing.

"Yeah. I look just like someone who wears makeup and dresses half naked with tape over my tits and a dog leash on." I said sarcastically. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

"Stop Jordan." Ruby insisted.

"This is exactly why I left and never came back. And never planned to." I then walked away. Ruby ran after me.

"What is wrong with you? They're your old friends. They just wanna talk and see you again. They miss you."

"Because I left for a reason. Them and everyone back in California tried to control my life. I was unhappy. And I've been trying to escape that Jordan. They just brought him up. And I never really wanted you to know how I used to act and be like."

She stopped and looked up at me. Holding both of my hands again.

"Go back to them. I don't care about your past. That's not you anymore. But I want to know what you were like. You left without saying goodbye. And when they finally see you 4 years later, you lash out."

"I can't. I fucked it up."

"Please babe." She begged. I took a deep breath and walked back to them.

"I'm sorry for lashing out. I guess I was caught off guard seeing you guys. And got pissed off when having to accept what I used to be like for the first time in years." I apologized.

"It's okay. I shouldn't of started things off again like that." Cale assured.

"Would you like to come over? We can order a pizza or whatever. And catch up."

"We'd love to." Jenny replied.

They then followed my car home.

"I can't wait to actually meet them." Ruby admitted.

"Please don't get freaked out when they brig up stories. Know that I was just young and stupid."

"Don't worry." She rolled her eyes. They then followed us up to the apartment. We walked in.

"So this is where I live. And have been living." I announced. "The cat is probably hiding. He doesn't like people that much."

"This is not what I was expecting at all." Taylor said. "It's very nice and sleek." We then all sat in the living room.

"I'd just like to get out of the way that you don't have to hold back. I know you're gonna tell some story. And I'm to the point where I do not care." I announced.

"I'm excited. He's never said anything about him as a teenager except that he hates it and regrets every bit of it." Ruby added. They just laughed.

"So you have any pictures?" Jenny asked.

I nodded my head yes. I ran to my room and got out a box that was hidden in my closet. It contained many many Polaroid pictures of me back then. I just never showed anyone.