run

"Are you happy to be going home?" Officer Robert asked me just to start conversation.

"No." I answered.

"Why's that?"

"Because I really messed up." I admitted.

"Your mother sounded very very relieved to know that you're alright. It won't matter what you did. All that matters is that you're going back home." He assured.

I stayed silent. I looked at my phone again and read the texts.

A few hours later mom, dad, Devon, Taylor, Jenny, and Caleb all came in. I just began to cry again. About 20 minutes later we got to leave. They all came in a mini van.

My dad was driving, my mom in the front passenger seat, Devon and Jenny in the middle row, and me, Taylor, and Caleb in the back back. I was sitting in the middle.

"How did you get to the other side of the state? And why were you at the police station?" Devon finally asked.

"I fell asleep on the bus. And a cop caught me sprinting down the spree on the sidewalk." I answered.

"What we're you running away from?" Caleb questioned.

"I was running away from a house. A man picked me up and took me to his house saying that he just wants to help me. When I was trying to leave he held me at gun point. So I body slammed him and made a run for him." I explained.

"You got in a car with some random person and went to his house?" Jenny gasped.

"I figured I hasmd nothing left to loose. I thought I wasn't coming back home. I already fucked up everything. And you guys shouldn't have to deal with my bullshit anymore."

Taylor just hugged me tight. I think what hurt the most was the fact that nether of my parents have even looked at me yet since they got to the police station. By the time we got to the house it was 3am.

Me, Taylor, Caleb, and Jenny all went to my room. My mom and dad still haven't said a word to me. No matter what I say.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized.

"You didn't mean to go to the other side of the state. We're just happy that you're back and safe." Jenny assured. Taylor was looking down.

The next day we all woke up and they left. I sat in my room and thought. I got on my laptop and did research and wrote a plan down.

I got out a back pack and packed some clothes, essentials, and money. I took a shower and put on some black ripped jeans, a hoodie, some sneakers, and just some eyeliner. I put the back pack on and walked upstairs. My mom and dad were in the kitchen. I walked in there looking down.

"What do you want Jordan?" Dad asked sternly.

"I'm not here to yell or argue. I'm just here to inform you that I'm leaving for a little while."

"Where are you going and when are you coming home?" Mom questioned.

"I don't really have an answer for either for those. I may come back. I may not." My mom hugged me tight.

"But you just came back. Please don't leave again." She begged. I pulled away.

"I love you mom." I told her. I looked at my dad. "And goodbye James." I called him by his real name.

I then walked out, got in my car, and left. I didn't say goodbye to anyone else. Didn't even inform anyone else. I just drove away.

I eventually made it to St. Louis Missouri. The show me state. To start a new life. To get my life back on track.