back

A few days later we were ready to leave. Ruby was officially moved in, we got our neighbor to watch Noodle and Chester, and we got plane tickets.

We got all of our stuff packed and were about to head out. It then hit me. I ran back to our room and grabbed a small box.

It was a ring. I got it last week, and this was gonna be the time. I put it in my pocket and we left.

We got through security and boarded the plane. My hands were shaking.

"Chill out. It's gonna be fine babe." She assured.

"Are you sure you can fly? Maybe we should get off." I insisted.

"I can fly until my 3rd trimester." She replied. The plane then took off.

"Do you think they're gonna be mad at me still?"

"They're not gonna be mad. They're gonna be overjoyed."

A few hours later we got off, got our stuff, and got an Uber to the house. She held my hand tight as I knocked on the door. My mom opened the door and hugged me tight.

"You've changed so much!" She gasped pulling me in.

Ruby followed. Mom then pulled away and looked at Ruby.

"You're such a beautiful girl. How are you with my son?" My mom complimented... Kinda.

"Well Jordan is a beautiful girl too. So I guess we just fit together." Ruby joked. Her and my mom laughed.

"Where's Devon?" I asked.

"He's with his friends now, he should be home soon. But he does not know about you." My mom answered. "How about you guys go set your bags down."

I grabbed our two suitcases and Ruby followed me downstairs into my room. And she was right. Everything was the same except for a hole in the wall. Next to the original one.

"So when are we gonna tell them the news?" She questioned.

"Tonight." I answered. I gave her a kiss and we walked upstairs.

"Devon and his two friends are in his room. He still has no idea." Mom told me quietly.

I nodded my life head okay and walked to his room. I knocked on the door heavily.

"Open up, it's the police." I demanded in a deep voice. He opened the door with his hands up.

"I swear! It's only pot!" He pleaded. He then looked at me.

"So now you're smoking pot?" I chuckled.

He hugged me tight and wouldn't let go. Tears fell down his face. He was almost as tall as me. Probably an inch shorter.

"You're back!" He gasped.

"Wow, I didn't know that. It's not like I flew out here." I joked. He let go and wiped his face on his shirt.

"You changed so much! You don't look like coked out Robert Smith on LSD anymore! Where have you been!?" I chuckled.

"I've been in Missouri. We just came here for a few days." He turned to his friends.

"Sarah, Corey, meet my brother; Jordan. Jordan, meet my 2 best friends Sarah and Corey." We all waved to each other. "Wait... What do you mean by we?" They all followed me to the living room.

"Meet my girlfriend; Ruby. Ruby, this is my brother; Devon, and Devon's friend's; Corey, and Sarah." I introduced

"Hello, it's very nice to meet you." Ruby greeted.

"Hey, we're gonna get going. This is obviously a moment for you. See you later." Corey said as him and Sarah left.

"I can't believe you're back!" Devon cheered. "What made you come back all of a sudden?"

"We saw Taylor, Jenny, and Caleb at the zoom and after some shut went down, we talked. And I eventually decided to come back." I answered.