call

"Taylor. It's been 4 years. You couldn't of expected me to just leave everything behind again, just to go back to a place that didn't make me happy."

"Don't you remember when we were laying on your bed? You told me all those things. How much you loved me. And never wanted to leave me. Did that mean nothing?"

"At the time it meant everything Taylor. But we were young and didn't know what we were doing." I replied. "You were my first girlfriend. We had our fun together. But that chapter in our lives is over. And have been over."

"You left without saying goodbye. Maybe if you told me, it could've been different. But you left without saying a word to me or anyone."

"I know I did. And I'm sorry about that. I just didn't know how to approach it." I sighed. "But please... Move on. Know that I'm happy, and I want you to me happy too. You'll always be my little bat. But we're grown up. And I'm starting a new family."

"Okay."

She took a deep breath and wiped off her face. We then walked back in.

"Apologies about that. I just... Needed a second to process this." Taylor apologized. "I never thought Jordan would be one to settle down. But congratulations." We sat back down.

"Thank you." Ruby thanked.

"I so how has mom, dad, and Devon been?" I asked.

"Well your mom and dad aren't together anymore." Jenny answer I smiled a bit. I knew I shouldn't have. But I couldn't help it. "And Devon is still taking you leaving pretty hard..."

"We went over there a few days ago and your room is still the same." Caleb added.

About an hour later they left. They had to go cause they were driving back to California. Before they left though they gave me my mom's number, but promised not to tell anyone.

Ruby and I sat back on the couch together. I was looking down. The cat finally came out of hiding and jumped into our laps.

"I'm going to California." I announced.

"To go see your mom and brother?" She implied. I nodded my head yes. "Can I go with you?"

"I wouldn't want to go without you." I replied.

"Will you move in with Chester and I?" I asked.

"Can Noodle come too?" Noodle is her pet dog. She's a Dachshund.

"Yes, Noodle can come too." I chuckled. I picked up Chester. "You're gonna have to learn how to be nice though." I told Chester. "I think I'm gonna call her though first."

I took a deep breath and got out the paper with her number on it. I dialed it in hoping she'd answer.

"Lily speaking. Who is this?" She answered the phone. I smiled ear to ear.

"Uh... Hey mom." I replied. My heart was beating out of my chest.

"Jordan!?" She gasped. I could hear the tears I'm her eyes.

"Yeah. I... Just wanted to call. We ran into Taylor, Caleb, and Jenny at the zoo. And they gave me your number. I hope that's alright."

"Of course it is. Where are you? And what do you mean by we?"

"I've been living in St. Louis Missouri. And by we, I mean my girlfriend and I."

"I can't believe it. Thank you so, so much for calling. I never thought I'd hear from you again."

"Well Ruby; my girlfriend and I are actually planning on flying out there after she gets moved in with me and we find someone to take care of the pets."

"Well we can't wait. You guys can stay in your old room. It's exactly the same. Except... There's a hole in the wall. Devon will be overjoyed to see you again. And so will I."

After about an hour we hung up.