sick

I woke up the next morning. I got up and threw on a pair of pajama pants. I made sure not to wake Ruby up. I walked upstairs. My mom was in the kitchen.

"Hey mom, can I please talk to you?"

"Of course sweetie. What's wrong?"

"I need help." I admitted.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm planning on proposing to Ruby tonight. I know I'm gonna ask her on the beach, cause she's never been to one before and it's walking distance. But I don't know what to say. And am more nervous than I've ever been."

"Don't be nervous. I haven't even known her for a whole day, and I can already tell that she's madly in love with you. And I can tell that you feel the same way." She assured. "Just speak from the heart. Say what you mean. And be honest." I thought for a second.

"Can I ask where dad is?" She looked down. "Jenny said that you guys separated, and I just kinda wanna know if you know where he is?"

"Oh god. That's what they told you?" I looked at her confused. "We should... Probably sit down for this." We sat at the kitchen table. "If you wanna see him, then you gotta go to the federal prison."

"What the fuck? What did he do? What happened?" I was shocked.

"Well shortly after you left we got a divorce. Then about 2 months later we got back together. But about a month in he got hooked on hardcore drugs and apparently had sex with a minor. On multiple occasions."

"I-I... Oh my god." I was baffled. And not in a good way.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"I... I don't know what to say." I admitted.

I got up and walked back downstairs. I got dressed. I put on shorts, a t-shirt.

"Where are you going?" Ruby asked me. I jumped a little. I wasn't expecting that.

"Just going for a walk." I answered. "Would you like to come?"

"Yeah. Just let me get dressed." She replied.

I turned around. She was still like a turtle under the blankets with only her head sticking out.

I got under the covers with her. She put the blanket over her head so I did the same. I began to tickle her.

"Stop it! Stop it!" She laughed.

"And why would I do that?" I chuckled.

"Please! Give me mercy!" She begged.

I got on top of her and continued tickling. All if a sudden she barfed on me. I jumped up and threw my shirt off

"What the fuck was that for!?" I sneered. She stood up and began to cry.

"I'm sorry. I was nauseous." She cried.

She then ran to the bathroom and began vomiting and crying into the toilet. My mom ran down.

"What are you yelling about?" She asked.

"She fucking threw up on me!" I hissed.

My mom walked up to me and hit me across the face.

"She is pregnant! You can not get mad at her for that!" She declared.

"Jordan! Help!" Ruby called me into the bathroom.

She was still crying. I walked to the bathroom and leaned against the doorframe.

"What do you need babe?" I asked.

"I have vomit in my hair!" She sobbed.

I sighed and got on my knees next to her. I then held her hair back.

"Ruby, I'm gonna wash Jordan's shirt. Do you want me to wash your's?" My mom questioned.

"Yes please." Ruby replied.

I helped her take her shirt off. I then got up and handed it to my mom.

"Thanks mom." I thanked her.

"You better take care of her." She demanded.