Part 5

Evan was passed out on your shoulder as you followed Paul into the house, hearing the phone stop ringing and the answering machine greeting playing as the door had closed behind the two of you in the kitchen. Glancing at the phone, Paul looked at you rolling his eyes as he sat the diaper bag on the counter next to the phone.

"Will you take him upstairs for me while I see who that was, which if I were a betting man, I'd say it's his mother wanting to check on him for the tenth time today," Paul said, picking up the phone to play the voicemail.

"Yeah, Paul, it's no problem," you said, kissing the little boy's head as you walked up the stairs.

Paul grinned to himself as he entered his passcode into the answering machine to re-play the messages left from the day. After deleting eight from Evan's mom, finally, a friendly voice came across the speaker.

"Paul, It's Gene, listen, we are having a gathering over here, just a few friends of Shannon's and wanted to extend the invite to you. Dinner's at 7, let me know if you're not going to make it."

He looked down at the phone, thinking about Gene's invitation and if it would be a good time to introduce you to his best friend. Paul of all people knew how hard it was to handle Gene's ego and his forced views on things. The feeling of small arms wrapping around his waist pulled him from his thoughts as he looked down at you.

"He is going to be out for a while, the park took a lot out of the little guy," you said, standing up on your toes to kiss the side of Paul's face.

"He ran his little heart out that's for sure." Paul laughed as he grabbed your hand, leading to the living room couch.

"I'm guessing that since you're still in a good mood that it wasn't Pam that called," you asked, laying your head against his shoulder.

Paul laughed, pulling you closer to him on the couch, sitting in silence for a moment before answering you.

"She called eight times, but Gene called inviting us over for some dinner thing they are doing over there. How would you feel about going over there and meeting him and his family?" He asked, staring at you.

"I've met everyone else in the band, so it would be great to meet Gene and his family too." you said.

"We will see how you feel about that statement after you meet him." Paul laughed.

You looked over at the clock on the wall, showing 2 pm, before smirking over at Paul, causing him to tilt his head at you. Placing your finger to his mouth as you climbed on to his lap, wrapping your hands into his long black hair. Intensely, you were staring into the eyes of each other before slamming your mouth onto his.

You pushed your tongue into his mouth, slowly keeping dominance over the kiss as you untangled your hands from his hair and moved them to the two buttons of his vest fumbling to open them. Paul reached down to the hem of your shirt, tugging at it, a silent demand that caused you to break the kiss.

Paul quickly pulled the shirt over your head, taking a moment to take in your beauty. His stare was making you self conscious of the scars that danced across your torso. As you attempted to turn away, he quickly grabbed your chin with his hand and kissed you erasing those insecurities for the moment.

"I think it would be more on the safe side to take this upstairs, don't want any rude interruptions like last time," Paul whispered against your lips.

You nodded your head in agreement and when to move off of his lap. Paul grabbed your ass and stood up from the couch, instantly your legs and arms wrapped around him. Paul took full advantage of the opportunity attacking your neck with his teeth, making sure he left a mark for everyone to see that you were his.