Chapter 6

||Thalia Grace||

I felt like shit. I knew that I had to face my mom but I didn't want to.

I thought she was dead! I thought she was gone forever! I thought I would never see that famous Beryl Grace again!

Of course, the fates are cruel. As I was walking by to get to modeling class, I saw her in the drama room. I know Piper had already texted me about it but I was mad. Really mad. I didn't want to see that face again but still I had to see her. I made it to the modeling class and they began to teach me about poses. When I took my first shot, the photographer frowned.

"Uh... Ms. Grace, try not to look so angry," he said.

I tried it again but I still looked angry.

"Maybe tomorrow?" the photographer shrugged and I walked over to a bench, sitting down and thinking about my mom.

||Percy Jackson||

It was finally 4:00 PM. Swim practice was over and I had been elected captain. I dried off and looked at Matt Sloan as he came in from the football field, covered in dirt.

"What happened, Sloan? Got run over by a car?" I asked, putting on my regular clothes and coming out of the shower.

Everyone laughed and Matt turned redder than a tomato.

"Look. It's my place to bully you not you teasing me!" he protested.

"As long as you're at Goode, I think I can," I smirked, slamming my locker shut and walking out of the room with my backpack.

I sat down in my car and drove out of school. I bought a Starbucks and headed into the house. Hazel was already there, typing away at her homework.

||Hazel Levesque||

I remember writing a paragraph, then a vision spread across my eyes. It was Hecate. She was hanging from some wall. Gashes were all over her body and golden ichor dribbled down the black brick wall behind her. She lifted her neck and sent a relieved smile to me.

"Hazel, listen to me, dear. I don't have much time. Please come and rescue me from this crazed man!"

"But I don't know where you are--"

"You will find me and restore peace in the world of mortals, Hazel Levesque," Hecate whispered and sent a fierce look towards me, "Promise me before I have to go."

"I-I promise... I do," I stuttered out.

"Good. He is coming. Goodbye, dear child. I hope you will greet success for the fate of humanity rests in your hands," Hecate smiled before I was jolted into the mortal world again.

Rachel walked in but immediately, her eyes flashed green and green mist came out of her mouth.

"Shielded magic remains but flickers.
Mist's favored goes to save, not wither.
One must fall for all to stay.
The choice must be solid by the fifteenth day."

Rachel then fell down and got up.

"Mind placing a pillow on the back of my head?" she groaned, rubbing it and getting up.

"Rachel... we need to prepare food, water, and some healing supplies. It's gonna be a long journey," I said gravely before putting my laptop into its case.

"Don't tell me... Ugh... a new quest," Percy pinched his eyebrows.

"Yep," I sighed, putting my homework to the side.

Everyone else came in and I informed them about my vision and Rachel's prophecy. We all flew to camp Half-Blood in the helicopter. Pretty soon, we landed and I came out.

"Percy? Hazel? I told you all not to come back--" Chiron started.

"We had to. We need permission for a quest. We just heard Hecate calling to us," I pleaded.

"If you must," Chiron sighed.

The helicopter flew back on its own and I led the group forward.

"Come on, guys!" I called, running through the woods.

We all followed and we stared as Leo gasped. He was running towards something. Festus!

"The Argo II!" I exclaimed, running to catch up with him.

Coach Hedge was aboard, looking happier than ever.

"I see you need a guardian for your big quest, eh?" he smiled, then became rigid.

"Alright, cupcakes! You're gonna get on that ship, take a rest, then GET TO CHOPPING DUMMIES BECAUSE THIS QUEST'S ABOUT TO GET UGLY!" he yelled.

"Yes, Gleeson Hedge," Piper smirked and headed onto the Argo II.

I sat down on my bed and tucked myself into the covers. I fell into a dreamless sleep.

||Clarisse La Rue||

I tossed and turned. Holy f***ing Hera this dream was giving me a headache.

I saw a hooded figure roaming through the dark woods. It was super scary like watching a horror movie. There was a beautiful girl sitting at the edge of the stream, gently cleaning her hands in the stream. For some reason, I felt like I had already been here before. I watched closer as the pretty young woman leaped into the water as the hooded figure struck. There, on the floor was a red X with a #1 on the spot where the young lady was. She leaped out and the hooded figure was gone.

"Clarisse! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Percy shaking me. I grabbed his arm and he stopped.

"Stop that, Prissy!" I snapped.

"You're late for the meeting," he sighed, walking over to where the rest of the demigods were waiting.

"Okay, what did I miss?"

"Nothing. We didn't start," Coach Hedge sipped a mug of his coffee.

"Why did you start?" I asked quizzically.

"We were waiting for you, La Rue," Percy smirked and I slapped him.

"Stop that, Jackson," I growled and he laughed.

"Okay, so we know where Hecate's being kept?" Frank asked Hazel.

"I'm not exactly sure but I think they're holding her in some alleyway or a dumpster," Hazel said uncertainly.

"We just have to find her then, right?" Frank asked, stroking Hazel's hair.

"I had a dream..." I looked around, uncertain of what they'd think.

"What?"

"Well... there was this man and he was walking through some part of the woods that I think I've been too. There was a really beautiful girl sitting at the stream and washing her hands. Then the guy took out a large ax and he swung it at her. She leaped into the river and when the ax was removed there was a huge red X with a #1 next to it. I think that's where our first stop is," I comprehended.

"Hm... for once, you sound like you know something that doesn't involve blood and war," Percy said and I whacked him over his head.

"Shut up, Jackson," I groaned.

"Thank you," he bowed.

We all laughed and continued the meeting.