Chapter 35

||Percy Jackson||

I stared at Annabeth's sleeping face one last time. I kissed her lips. They tasted like strawberry. I let go and looked at Hecate with tears in my eyes.

"Hypnos won't let her wake up. I'm sorry. I ordered him to, but it'll be easier to say goodbye," Hecate sighed.

I nodded and Hecate took my hand, leading me to the airport. When my flight was ready, she bid me farewell.

"Here's your wand. It is a very powerful one."

I took it and placed it in my duffel bag.

"You'll stay in London in that huge house you bought, okay?"

I nodded sadly and boarded the plane. My last thought before I fell asleep on the plane was... Annabeth, I'm sorry.

||Annabeth Jackson||

I woke up without Percy. I stared in shock to find out that I had been asleep for a day. I looked at the note where Percy was supposed to sleep.

He's in a better place now. ~Hecate

I felt panic swell in my chest, looking around, I realized that all his stuff was gone. Either he had been kidnapped or he was just... gone. I got out of bed and tried to walk on my sore legs. I stumbled to the bathroom and tried to figure out what to do. That's when I noticed this on the counter.

 That's when I noticed this on the counter

Try this out, dear. At least... when you wake up. ~ Your Hotel Assistant

I frowned and took it out, reading the instructions and following it accordingly. Right when I finished, Piper called. I placed the device on the counter again and walked outside.

"Hey, how's the honeymoon?"

"Percy's gone," I sighed.

"What? Where? Did he leave the beach house?"

"No. He's like... gone."

"What do you mean?"

"He disappeared. Hecate left me a note that said 'He's in a better place now' and I'm gonna go to her when our residence is done. It expires tomorrow anyway," I said.

"Oh, gods," I heard her groan.

||Percy Jackson||

I arrived at the airport in London and got out. I walked along the streets with my shades, making sure no one recognized me. I walked until I got into the gates, hearing them shut firmly behind me. I opened the door and walked in to be greeted by the maids.

"Hello, Mr. Jackson. What brings you to London?"

"Um... I'm just here to attend school," I smiled.

"Oh..." one maid said, "That's cool."

I got a call from Jason. Hecate appeared next to me.

"If you tell him where your location is I will destroy him," Hecate glared at me.

"Wait... what?" I asked her.

"Just... talk to him. Say you don't know who he is or something. Or... just say you don't know where you are and... I don't know. Just tell him you don't know where you are and I'll take your phone to Olympus to give you a new phone. That son of Hephaestus is going to try and locate you with his forgery gifts," she said.

I sighed, picking up Jason's 101th call.

"Bruh... what's up with you?" I groaned.

"Where are you? Annabeth's freaking out right now," he said.

I resisted the urge to tell him exactly where I was and lied. Something I never thought I'd do in my whole life other than to the enemy.

"I don't know. I don't know where I am at all."

Hecate snapped her fingers and I heard the line break up and my phone was in her hands.

"Thank you," she smiled, "I will give you a new one later."

I rolled my eyes and flopped down on the bed. Hecate vanished and I groaned.

What had I done to my Wise Girl?

||Piper Grace||

We rushed to the beach house and got to a crying Annabeth.

"Hey. He's okay," I pointed to the note.

"That's another phrase for He's dead," Annabeth sighed.

I shook my head.

||Percy Jackson||

I looked at the scene unfolding before me.

"You had to put 'He's in a better place now' for the note instead of 'I need to borrow him as my pawn for a bit'?" I groaned.

"Eh, didn't think of it," Hecate shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at the screen.

"What have you done to Percabeth?" I groaned.

"Simply made your love life more interesting," Hecate said.

"I thought that was Aphrodite's job," I gave her a look.

"It is... but it's to save the world," Hecate shrugged.

I glared and shut off the TV screen.

"I'm gonna sleep. Goodnight," I watched as she vanished and slept.

||Piper Grace||

Oh, jeez. Annabeth's freaking out.

"Will, do you have anything to calm her down?" I whispered to the son of Apollo.

"I can give her a bit of benzodiazepines," he shrugged.

"Go get it then," I shooed him off.

He brought back a pill and crushed it up, pouring it into Annabeth's juice.

"Here, Annabeth. Drink some juice. It'll help you calm down," Will handed her the drink and she drank it all.

She sighed and got up, calmer.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go outside on the hammock," she said, laying on the gray piece of fabric, where she fell asleep.

"Well... I guess we should give her some privacy," Will smiled and we all walked out.

||Annabeth Jackson||

When I woke up, I was on the hammock and the sun was setting. I stared at some of the sunburn on my shoulders and walked to the bathroom to go take a shower. When I got out of the shower, I dried off and put on a robe. As I brushed my teeth, I noticed something. The pregnancy test was lying on the counter.

||Percy Jackson||

I groaned and rolled over in the bed. I was having terrible dreams. Something about... these weird people and one with a scar on his forehead.

||Annabeth Jackson||

I shakily picked it up, turning it over. I opened my eyes and stared at it. No doubting it now. I held a hand over my mouth and took deep breaths. I felt tears gathering in my eyes and a smile form on my lips. I was pregnant. With Percy's child.