Chapter 14

||Annabeth Chase||

As we went to sleep, I got over to where Percy was. I got in the bed next to him and I kissed the lips I thought I'd never be able to kiss in a long time. We wrapped around each other and apparently, the rustling of the bed sheets got Piper waking up and beginning to whine at Jason. Hazel shrugged and leaped on top of Frank, who gave a loud 'umph' which made Clarisse groan and Thalia begin to barf as the sheets moved. When we were done, I hugged Percy.

"I love you, Seaweed Brain."

"I love you, too, Wise Girl."

||Piper McLean||

It had been two days and Coach Hedge said we would arrive soon. We all got ready and when we saw Mount Rushmore, we got out of the van. We saw monsters neat the base and I spotted a little section in the back where there were no monsters.

"I think they might sound an alarm when we kill all of them so we need to be careful to not let them see us," Annabeth said.

We carefully treaded in the woods before we reached the clearing. It was night time, so the flashlights were patrolling. We tiptoed and Percy let out a soft groan. I followed his gaze to see a gaggle of empousai.

"Ugh! Kelli! I'm not getting any more demigod scent!" one whined.

"Shut it, Tammi! We need to make sure no one enters the chamber!" Kelli whined.

"We are betraying the mistress," one rasped.

"Oh, shut up, Serephone! I killed you last time and I won't hesitate to do it again!" Kelli hissed.

Chris got up.

"I'll distract them," he sounded really confident.

"Are you sure?" Clarisse asked.

"I am a son of Hermes. I have lightning speed," he smirked.

Clarisse kissed him and he ran to the other side at Lincoln's foot. He jumped out.

"Yo! Kelli! I'm over here!" he yelled.

"We'll go, too," the Stolls got up and leaped out next to Chris.

"We're here!" they yelled.

"DEMIGODS!" the empousai all screamed and they all stupidly chased after three demigods.

"Go!" Percy hissed and typed in the passcode, getting us all in the rock before slamming the door shut securely.

A while later the Stolls burst in and Chris did, too.

"Ugh! End didn't tell us the passcode! Thanks a lot for telling him we used to serve Hecate, Serephone!" Kelli pouted.

"I still serve the mistress," the old one rasped and slashing was heard.

"Come on, guys!" Percy whispered and we climbed the ladders and stairs.

We encountered a bunch of monsters, but we slashed through them like they were butter. Jason ran to the left and flew down a nose. He peeked out and came back in.

"We're at President Roosevelt right now. Only a few left to go!" he whispered and we stalked forward.

When we were at the entrance to Lincoln, there it was. A thousand monsters.

"Now, Sitos!" Percy whispered and the dragon popped out from his hair and blew fire at all monsters.

They evaporated and the dragon went back onto Percy's head. The dragon sniffed around before patting the floor in front of it. Percy frowned and jammed his fist into the floor underneath him. Immediately, the square piece of stone flipped open.

"It's a secret entrance," Percy breathed.

We all climbed in and the dragon followed. We closed the door and we crawled in the darkness until Percy stopped.

"Percy! Why did you stop? I just got a face full of your butt!" Jason whined.

"Sh!" Percy curt him off and I peeked out of the tile.

I saw Hecate. In chains. I looked around to see that there weren't any monsters in the room and I didn't see Destroyer here, either. I caught sight of the wall. There was a schedule written on it.

3:00 - Torture restarts.

I checked the time and realized that it was 2:45. We only had fifteen minutes before Destroyer would come back.

"Guys, we have fifteen minutes to free her," I announced and Hazel pried the entrance open.

We all got out and Hecate caught sight of us.

"Hazel," she whispered hoarsely.

Percy got out the bolt cutters and Jason flew him up to Hecate. Percy cut off one chain and began to cut the others. When Hecate was free, Jason caught her and placed her into the secret entrance. I got in, then the rest of them. Finally, I heard footsteps. Percy quickly got in, closed the door tightly, and hurried us forward. I could hear Destroyer yelling in anger and stomping about the torture room. When we got there, Percy peeked out.

"Guys... there are monsters here. They're coming. We all won't make it out in time, but Jason... fly Hecate over to the RV. Get her some healing stuff and if you can, join us back in battle."

Jason hurried out with Hecate and flew away just as monsters burst in.

"One... two... three," Percy said before we all leaped out and began to fight.

This time, all the monsters were in here. Percy's dragon was letting out short bursts of fire and he was fighting fiercely. We were down to one hundred and when we were done, Percy hurried us forward.

"Destroyer will find us. We have to fly down," Percy panted.

"What?"

"He's waiting at the entrance. I know he is. Our only option is to fly," he said.

"But we can't!" I exclaimed.

"Ugh... Piper. You do realize you're all carrying the parachutes you used when you got off of the Argo II, right?"

I touched the backpack and we all slipped down into Abraham's nose like we were going down a slide. Before I left, I looked at Percy.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Sitos! He can fly," he said as the dragon leaped out.

Percy followed and was caught on the magnificent dragon's back. We flew silently and I looked behind me. Destroyer was, indeed, waiting at the entrance.