Chapter 2

1 month later....
Cookie's POV
It's been 1 month since I have been transferred to the new school. I'm so glad it's Friday, Everybody knows that boy Lucious always flirting with me but surprisingly today he hasn't. It don't even seem real because he flirts with me so much. But even though I like him, I'm glad he wasn't getting on my nerves today. He probably has a girlfriend or something I don't know.

My mom warned me that they would be throwing a cookout today and all of our family members will be there so when I got off the bus I wasn't surprised. I walked in the backyard and seen all of my kin folks. "Hey baby" said my mom.

"Hey mom" I replied

"Hey mom" I replied. "How was school?" She asked. "Good" I reply. "That boy been flirting with you today?" Questioned my mom. See one thing about my mom is that she's nosey. "Surprisingly, no" I stated. "No wonder why you said you had a good day" she said. "What is dude name that's flirting with her?" Asked my cousin Bunkie.

"Lucious, why?" I ask him annoyed because dude always tryna act like he my damn daddy or something. "Damn you must like him or something because you getting hella offended but everybody already knows what I do for a living and he does the same thing and the nigga is only 17 so stay away from him cook, don't get in no relationship with him I'm begging you not to plus the nigga love to steal especially if it's some money or jewelry" explained Bunkie.

"Don't worry I won't" I assured him. "You better not, and I haven't seen him in like a month now but when I do see him imma confront his ass about that shit" bunkie said. See I don't have time for the bullshit man. Bunkie better not go and do that because then that's gone have Lucious thinking that I'm a rat or something. "Bunkie chill out I'm not going to be with him ok?" I say trying to calm him down.

"Ok, but the only reason I'm not going to say anything is for the sake of you and remember that" stated Bunkie.

Lucious POV
I had just got home about 30 minutes ago. I'm just sitting in my quiet room. No Tv, no nothing. I swear it's so damn boring. I would be out with my homies if I wasn't in trouble.

I just don't get it, why do she get so mad when I smoke weed or sell it? I mean it's not like it's crack or some shit. And she smokes too except for she don't smoke weed or any other drug. But she still smokes though.

"LUCIOUS!" I heard her yell. Damn what I do now? I hope she ain't find nothing in my phone. "MA'AM?" I answer. "COME HERE!" I did what she told.

"Here is your phone" she says handing it to me. Thank God. "And I'll put your TV back in your room or you can put it there" she stated. "Thanks mom" I said. "Welcome, hopefully this changes your mindset but I have a feeling it won't" she says sadly and I just looked at her not knowing what to say. "Go on, go with your friends. I know your dying to go with them" and with that said I walked up to the door and opened it.

"I might come home early" I say to her shutting the door.

I got in my car and headed to the corner store. See the corner store I go to is just a spot where we all chill and some people sell weed down there and all of that. But it's hot as hell so before I chill I think ima buy me some water first.