56. Lie

Zayn

After breaking two lamps with a sock ball that according to Kenzie was much more safer we both laid down in living room waiting for Niall to bring the movie, Harry who went of to the bathroom and for Liam and Louis to bring the snacks. Kenzie's head laid on my lap while her fingers tapped franctically on her phone. I did my best to keep my eyes from wandering of onto her screen.

"Kenzie, who are you texting with," I said as played with her hair.

"I was just replying to Jayden's texts just telling me he's probably staying over his dad's friend boat so he can finish fixing it tomorrow and his parents went of yachting for the rest of the week." She let out a small sigh. She missed him.

"Oh. You can stay with us if you like," I offered. She nodded and once again went back to her phone. I couldn't keep my eyes from staying away from her phone and on her screen I could see her on her Skype page staring at the incoming call.

"You should answer," I said. She looked back embarrassed that she had been caught in her trepidation.

"Family is important, if you want I'll give you some private time," I began to get up but she caught hold of my wrist.

"Don't go please," her hazel eyes pleaded for me to stay with her. The same eyes I had once had of my own and had only returned to her after the secret lock of lips. I sat back down and she sat up. She sat closer to me with her phone in her hands, I draped an arm around her shoulders pulling her closer. She laid her head on my shoulder and her finger clicked the green button.

"Kenzie! I miss you," a sweet voice and young little girl sat on the other side of the screen. A bright genuine smile took over Kenzie's face.

"Sophie, I miss you too hun. I want you to meet one of my...friends...Zayn Malik," she moved her phone so that we both stood in the screen. Her little sister shrieked and her little eyes lit up like it was everything.

"What was that?" Harry rushed in and I motioned to walk behind us.

"Ello, Sophie I've heard a lot of you. I heard that you are very loyal Directioner," I recalled from first meeting Kenzie back in New York. Kenzie contiued to smile.

"Oh my god, I'm meeting Zayn Malik and my sister knows him. Hi!" I chuckled.

"One of these days I think we should have a very serious talk Sophie, how come your sister isn't a Directioner?" I teased Kenzie and she just laughed.

"I know I told her too."

"A friend of mine wants to also say hi to you," I said. I tilted Kenzie's phone so that Harry could now be seen.

"Hello Sophie, how are you?" Harry said. Little Sophie looked like she was about to faint.

"Hi Harry, I'm fine. So are you taking care of my sister?" Sophie asked. I looked at Harry and we both nodded.

"Yeah she's a very naughty girl Sophie, we had to save her from Niall because she doesn't like to lose football games and Liam had to save her from us because she thinks squirting us with Kool- Aid is fun," I said. Sophie giggled and Kenzie nudged me.

"Don't listen to them Sophie. So how have you been? How's everyone?" Kenzie asked.

"Frankie's been sad, Daddy's in his office, Mommy hasn't come home yet," Sophie sighed. The little girl was missing her sister just as much as we were.

"I'll be home before you know it Sophie. Sometime tomorrow you should be getting some gift from me, I hope you like them," Kenzie tried to cheer her up.