nine.

A/N: slight spiciness ahead.

Singing for real with Shawn was so much different than singing in the car or in the kitchen—or with him in the shower.

His studio was set up in the spare bedroom at his house. Camila watched him the morning after she first spent the night, sitting cross-legged on the futon in the corner as he set up the microphones. There were even pads of soundproofing foam on the wall that Shawn said he was convinced didn't even make a difference.

"So, I was thinking... we can do a bunch of takes, and then mix the audio of the best parts." Shawn crawled under the table to plug in some wires and Camila shamelessly stared at him.

"That sounds good." Camila liked the idea of one take raw audio, but she knew it was probably best to use the best quality possible.

"As for the video, that can be a joint effort."

"What kind of video do you wanna do?" Camila just figured they'd film themselves singing.

"I wanna do a home video type thing. You know—shots of us at the resort, shots of the palm trees and stuff. Make it really romantic."

"Aw..."

Camila loved that idea, but she'd never filmed any shots like that before. Since they were dividing the work, she just hoped Shawn had a better eye for that sort of thing and would be able to make it good.

They had a breakfast of coffee and leftover pancakes. Camila checked the produce drawer in the fridge where they had tons of leftover fruit.

"Yes—green apples!"

"Your favorite?"

"Well, they're really good for your voice."

"Really? I didn't know that."

They crunched loudly on their apples, Camila chuckling as she tried to keep juice from dripping down onto Shawn's shirt that she still wore. Even after showering together that morning, she kept on his clothes and he didn't seem to mind at all.

"Do you ever do vocal warm-ups?" Camila asked.

"Oh, you mean like this?" Shawn trailed his hands down in front of his face, trilling his lips and proceeding to make insane noises that were unfortunately nostalgic.

"Isn't that from High School Musical?" Camila laughed.

"Yeah, do it. It's fun and it works." He urged her.

Camila gave in and together they practiced Sharpay's warm-ups until they couldn't stop laughing. Camila wasn't sure if it actually did anything for her voice, but she definitely felt an endorphin rush.

In the spare bedroom, Camila sat back on the futon while Shawn fiddled with the mics on the desk in front of them before sitting down beside her and reaching for his guitar.

"Testing...testing...we're recording..." He leaned in too close to the mic, dropping his voice to a sensual breathy tone and looking over at Camila. She rolled her eyes and tried not to show on her face that she actually thought that was sort of sexy.

"Okay rock star, let's get to it, then."

"Whatever you want, lover."

She tried not to blush, wondering if that was actually becoming her nickname with him. It was better than Drowning Girl, anyways.

Shawn started up playing and Camila tried to look anywhere but at his hands. He played just like they'd arranged and together they began to sing.

"...We could let our friends crash in the living room