seventeen.

A/N: crying emoji. also nsfw warning. 

It wasn't something they could ignore anymore. They couldn't just dance around it and pretend it wasn't something they were going to have eventually deal with. Because they were.

Camila and her family were rapidly approaching their last week at the resort. It really occurred to Camila one morning. She'd gone down to the sauna while Shawn was working. She loved how relaxing it was, but it really did a number on her hair.

She stood at the bathroom sink afterward, smoothing conditioner into the ends of her hair. Shawn had once told her that the smell reminded him of her, but it reminded her of him now.

"Camila?"

"Yeah, it's open!" Camila called.

Sinu poked her head into the bathroom as Camila reached for a comb.

"Camila, do you like artichoke?"

"Artichoke? Uh...sure." She ran the comb through her hair.

"Does Shawn like artichoke?"

"Um...I don't know? Why?" Camila looked over nervously.

"I just have to call to finalize the menu for our anniversary dinner, and there's a choice between spinach and artichoke dip."

"Oh."

It sent cold waves through her. Her parent's anniversary dinner was supposed to be on the last night they were here, and if her mother was already making the plans, then it was sooner than she realized.

"Um..." Camila checked her phone, really focusing on the date for the first time. "I—I don't know. You really want Shawn to come? What does Papi think?"

"He'll be just fine." She chuckled. "Why don't you talk to Shawn and get back to me?"

Camila laid against Shawn that evening in his bed. He'd ordered takeout for them and had moved the tv into the bedroom. They ate noodles and watched reality tv.

"They want me to come? Why?"

"I think it's because you're just so charming." Camila smiled at him, sticking her chopsticks in the carton. "And because they know I like you...or something."

"Or something." He chuckled. "Now I'm all nervous. Sometimes your dad scares me."

"He's not scary, he's just...I think he feels like the Sofia and Derek thing is his fault, and now he just wants to make sure nothing like that can ever happen again."

"So, he's going to interrogate me?"

"No." Camila rolled her eyes and tried not to laugh. "They just want to get to know you. They already know you're a good guy. Just be yourself."

"Okay." He wrapped his arm around her back. "Since it's important to you, I'll go. I should find something to wear and get some makeup."

Camila tilted her head back against his shoulder and looked at his face. The bruise under his eye had faded somewhat, but was still noticeable.

Apparently, Shawn had been telling people at work who asked that he'd been hit with an air hockey puck. And now the narrative was spun to say that she was the one who did it. She wasn't sure she liked that story, but Shawn assured her that everyone would forget about it before too long.

Camila shifted, feeling his fingers brush against the hickey on her hipbone. Apparently, the bruise on his face wasn't the only one he was thinking about.