thirteen.

A/N: lol warning once more for heavy kink / nsfw, but you guys seemed to love that last time.

Camila sat on the closed toilet seat and watched as Shawn brushed his teeth at the sink. He'd just gotten out of the shower, and while Camila would have loved the join him, Aaliyah was still around and she had no interest in scarring her.

Having to control their desire for one another was actually very rewarding, if last night's incident was anything to go by. Camila really wanted to work Shawn up like that again, though she didn't want to actually wait that long for the pay off.

In the meantime, she didn't hide that she was staring at him. He was getting ready for work and wore only his swim trunks, meaning she got to admire his body.

"I just remembered, you were in my dream last night." Shawn said, muffled as his toothbrush stuck out of the corner of his mouth.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah." He spit in the sink. "We were back in Pickering, and out on the ice. You were playing goalie."

"Was I any good?"

"...Nah. You got mowed down." He admitted. "But then the ice opened up into this weird sink hole and we all fell in."

"The only place I could be any good at skating is your dreams, and I'm not even good there." She sighed. "Figures."

"I can teach you to skate for real, sometime." He smiled. "It's not that hard, you just have to hold onto me."

Camila smiled at him. She loved how casual this was, her watching him groom himself. She watched as he took a bottle of SPF from the shelf and rubbed some on his face.

"How many of these do you have?" She reached out and took one of the lifeguard whistles hanging on the towel rack. She'd seen one on his desk this morning.

"Oh, I keep losing them, and then I keep finding them again." He chuckled. "But, I keep finding them in the same place, so I know to always check the abyss now."

"The what?"

"The abyss. You know, that spot in the car between the seat and the center console where shit always falls? I always put my whistle in my pocket after my shift and then I guess it always falls out."

She felt a stirring in her chest as he turned back to the mirror, grabbing the whistle off the rack and putting it around his neck so it hung against his bare chest. Camila noted that the look of it made her heart beat faster.

"The abyss." She chuckled. "You're the weirdest person I've ever met."

"I take that as a compliment." He smiled, and Camila thought he should. She loved it about him.

The want to say so was strong. How long were they going to play that game, that dance of avoiding the words she knew they both felt?

Last night—and all the time, it felt so paralyzing. She would feel it, want to say it, and her voice would just freeze. It was like the first night he'd tried to kiss her.

She got over it when she realized it wasn't so scary, because it was him. And kissing for the first time outside the gym may not have been set up as some magical moment, but she still thought it was.

Maybe saying it didn't have to be, either. She could just say it casually. She definitely felt it so strong and for so long that it was a familiar ache at this point.

He reached towards the shelf and grabbed the leave in conditioner. He opened the top and smelled it, Camila eyeing his still-damp curls.

"Need help?" She wanted to touch his hair.