eighteen.

A/N: my spanish is not perfect, so rip, i will leave a comment / annotation. 

Camila forced herself to enjoy her time at the resort in the only time she could—during Shawn's shift. She kept herself busy visiting the various perks and places, but she always met him back at the pool deck as soon as he was done.

She felt like she owed it to her parents to actually spend time at the hotel, but there was also no way in hell she was going to let any time with Shawn slip away.

She only felt a little bit bad spending every night out when she apparently missed trivia night in the lounge. Her family needed four people to play, and Sofia ended up inviting Austin to be on their team.

"It was so awful." Sofia groaned to her the next day. Camila was waiting for Shawn to get off work. She and Sofia were lounging in the room in the meantime. "Like, I knew he wasn't that bright...but this was just sad! He asked me how to spell banana!"

Camila snorted and then quickly covered her mouth to keep from outright laughing.

"I'm sorry, it's not funny."

"No, it's not." Sofia said, though she looked like she wanted to laugh too. "It was so bad...you should have seen the look on Papi's face. Anyways, I ended up breaking it off with Austin..."

"I thought you two weren't even serious?"

"We weren't, but he knows I don't leave until Sunday, and there's no way I'm going to spend another week kissing him." She sighed. "Honestly, you should be thanking me."

"What? Why?"

"Because between Derek and Austin, I've set the bar way low. Papi is going to absolutely adore Shawn in comparison."

"You have a point there." Camila chuckled. She laid back against the armrest of the couch and closed her eyes.

"Come on, let's do something. I'm bored." Sofia whined and Camila suppressed a groan. Without Austin, Camila was back to being Sofia's only source of entertainment.

"I don't feel like it." She kept her eyes closed.

"Don't be like that. Come on, let's go to the sauna or something."

"I don't want my hair to get fucked up."

"I don't know why you're being so grumpy..."

"Why do you think?" Camila opened her eyes. "We're leaving soon..."

"Right, so let's go have fun while we can!"

"Oh, you don't understand anything, do you!?" Camila got off the couch and went to the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

As she stood, willing her heart to stop racing, it occurred to her how this could almost be ironic. On the way here, all Camila wanted to do was have fun, and all Sofia wanted to do was miss her boyfriend. It was strange how just a few weeks seemed to flip them around.

Her breathing finally slowed and Camila was able to will herself not to cry. She peered out into the living room and saw Sofia was gone. Still, she was already in here, so she might as well lay in bed.

It was heartbreaking when Camila realized that Shawn didn't actually know how soon their time together was ending.

She'd never ever dream of just not telling him, but to have to break the news was like a knife in her heart. After his shift, they sat in his car in the parking lot.

Shawn was scrolling on his phone to show her something, his dried hair smelled of chlorine. He assured her that he just had to jump in to make sure some kids didn't get to the deep end, and there wasn't any dramatic rescue to tell of.