Chapter 25

November 6, 2012

Skylar's P.O.V.

It's not November. We left North Carolina that following Sunday. I showed Harry around the town a little and then we met up with my friends to say bye. It was depressing but I promised we would see each other soon.

When we got back I got all my work from the twins which wasn't too much. Harry only got in a little trouble with management but nothing too bad.

Today is the day of Brandon and Alex's trial. I really don't want to go and face them both but I know I have to. I need to put them in jail.

Harry came and picked me up. My dad and Gillian were meeting us there. I had met with the prosecutor awhile ago to go over my testimony.

Harry and I are waiting in the lawyers office for my dad to arrive. We're holding hands and he's trying to calm me down but it's not working.

"Harry I can't do it. I can't face them. Well mostly Brandon. I can't be in the same room as him. I can't have him looking at me. Harry I'm scared, I can't do it." I say, beginning to cry.

Harry pulls me onto his lap and begins rubbing circles in my back.

"Babe, listen to me. I know you can do this. I know you can. I know you're strong enough to do it. Don't look at them. If you feel him staring at you just ignore him. I'll be sitting right across from you, just look at me. I promise you nothing will happen. I promise you that, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If he tries anything, he'll be dead. I promise you that. Please just calm down, you don't want to faint." He says, looking into my eyes.

He kisses away my tears and kisses my forehead as my dad walks in. He comes over and gives me a hug. The lawyer then comes in and she tells me it's time.

Harry and I stand up and leave the office. But before we leave he turns me around so I'm facing him. He looks in my eyes and kisses me on the lips. It was a short, cute kiss, but it made me feel better. He wraps his arm around my waist holding me against him.

We walk into the court room; Alex and Brandon are already in there with there backs to us. They hear the door open so they both turn around. Alex just rolls her eyes and turns back around looking very pissed off but Brandon remains staring at me.

Harry tightens his grip on my waist and pulls me closer to him. He gives Brandon and death glare that makes him turn back around.

"You're fine. I love you." Harry whispers in my ear.

We sat down and it began. Them the time came for me to testify. I began to shake after I took the oath. I glanced over at Brandon and saw him smirking at me sickly. I shivered and looked away. I met Harry's eyes and smile slightly.

Th judge told me to tell what happened. So I did. I started from when the grabbed me outside the wedding reception, and ended it with the police showing up right before I almost got raped. A few tears escaped my eyes but I wiped them away.

The lawyers proceeded to question me and I answered as best I could. They finally said I could step down.

The jury went and decided what they thought. If they were guilty or not. Then if they decide they are, the judge will decide how long the sentencing will be.

After about half an hour but what felt like hours, the jury finally came back.

"On the count of kidnap,How do you find Alexandra?" The judge asked.

"Your Honor, we find Alexandra on the charge of kidnap, guilty." The jury said.

"On the count of assault how do you find Alexandra?"