High School: hell.

I was pretty much alone all day except lunch, when I could hang out with my friends Jazz and Stephen. Not together, they didn't get along. But for half of lunch I'd be with Stephen. The other half with Jazz.
I mean I talked to a lot of people, but I never really spent time with anyone but Jazz, Stephen, and my music.
More specifically, Five Seconds Of Summer and Taylor Swift. That was the majority. I liked a little of everything, though.
Anyways.
The last two weeks of senior year are always stressful.
There's all these meetings about colleges and reps come and talk to us. And there's finals.
I only had two at the end of my year because I had all of my credits first semester.
I had math and English.
English is no problem for me. I mean, I'm a writer so I know all the stuff to get me through life.
Math on the other hand...not so much.
I couldn't graph a simple equation. But it's not like I'm gonna be a math teacher when I get older so why do I need to know that shit?
That's right, because we need to have as many doors open as we can.
In other words, we have to do everything so we don't have a single opportunity missed.
I did all I could on my math final.
Hopefully I passed.
Then it was finally lunch and I could go home.
I caught up with Stephen.
"Hey. What finals did you have?" I asked.
"English, science, and history."
"Oh god I hated the history final last semester. I passed thank god but I hated it." I laughed.
"It's terrible. Why do we even need that class?"
Stephen gets me.
"Exactly. Why do we need math class? If they're trying to 'prepare us for the real world' they seem to forget that the real world has calculators." We both laughed.
"My ride's here, seeya." He hugged me and jogged out the front door to his dad's car.
Jazz came up behind me, then.
"ZIVIAN."
I jumped about a foot in the air.
"Dammit Jazz. Don't do that!" She laughed and I smiled. "You look nice today."
Her black shirt hung just right to show off some cleavage, but not too much.
"Thanks. I'm trying to get Vicky's attention."
Vicky was Jazz's crush. She had long blonde hair, wore sports shorts even in winter, and didn't eat red meat.
Jazz was crazy for her. She usually tried to catch Vicky's eye in the hallways.
Vicky was in my second block, my art class. I never really talked to her, she was always zoned out into her work. She was really good so, I mean, it wasn't a bad thing.
"Ooh have you talked to her?"
"No, she's not talking to me for some reason. She reads my messages but hasn't replied in days."
What a bitch. I really don't think Jazz and Vicky would work out.
"How rude." Was all I said.
"Yeah...oh well. After we graduate I'll never see her again anyway. You know she's a year below us right?"
"That's true, hey, I gotta get home and let my dogs out. That sounds weird but it's true." we laughed a little and hugged. I walked out the school and put my earbuds in. I turned up Taylor Swift's newest album 1989 all the way and walked home.
~
Stupid dogs.
They don't even usually go to the bathroom when they go outside. They just play around with each other and sometimes my puppy beats up my dog. Sally, the older dog, always let Lotus, the puppy, beat on her. Lotus used to hump her head sometimes. He was like a teenage boy going through puberty. It was gross.
I opened the annoying squeaky door and they both ran in.
I gave Sally a treat for being a good girl and sat at the computer in the dining room.
An email from a dumb website I checked out because of a contest to see 5sos live and meet them afterwards.
I won.