Minds: things that do crazy tricks

I ran until I saw him.
He couldn't see me but he knew I was there. He looked right at me.
I tried to stop him. I tried. I screamed and cried and tried to stop him as best I could but I couldn't get him to see me.
Finally, on my fifth try at getting his attention, he saw me.
He really saw me. Just for a second.
"Zivian?" He shook his head. "No. No my minds just playing games with me. She's dead. She's gone." He collapsed to the ground in a crying mess again and beat at the grass. He cried to the heavens how much he loved me and needed me.
"I CANT LIVE WITHOUT ZIVIAN GANDOR!" He wailed.
He ripped grass from the dirt until an older man walked up and stopped him.
"Hey, what's going on here? Don't hurt the grass!"
"How else and I supposed to get out my anger that the love of my life is dead!" He loaded the little pistol and put it to his temple.
"MICHAEL NO!" I screamed so loud I thought my vocal cords might rip.
"Zivian?" He looked at me and dropped the gun to his side.
"You can see me?"
"Of course I can fucking see you." He said with a sob. The old man raised an eyebrow, shook his head, and walked away.
"Michael. Please. Don't do this."
"I have to." He said quietly, his voice breaking.