A New Chapter

Nine hours later, after another long flight we were back home. I couldn't keep the excitement in as we drove home. The lush green fields and the mountains in the distance were a welcome sight.

We drove home through the familiar gates of Harrison ranch there I saw Spirit in the pasture surrounded by Phantom and Sandy, we seemed equally happy to have him back.

I was surprised to see a large sign that read "Welcome home Spirit," in large letters hanging above the stables. I was even more surprised to see Jacob and Brianna standing there talking with Alison and Tom.

I opened the car door and ran towards the pasture. Spirit lifted his head and gave a soft whinny as I approached him. I gently stroked his forehead and noticed his coat was freshly washed and his hooves trimmed, his beautiful mane and tale neatly brushed.

"Gave a him nice bath long bath!" Called Tom. "Thank you Tom!" Jacob and Brianna were at the pasture gate watching us. "He seems happy to see you," said Jacob.

"I'm happy to have him back," I said, kissing Spirit's forehead. I hadn't ridden him in so long but first I'd left Spirit go and visit his herd, give him a chance to run free. He must be so frustrated being kept in a pasture for so long.

Spirit was free to come and go as he pleased. I opened the pasture gate. "We'll have that ride for later." I gave his neck a grateful pat as he turned and galloped out of the pasture, followed by Phantom and Sandy.

Brianna closed the pasture gate. "So how was London. And is the Cassabelle trainer as hot as everyone says he is?" A image of James flashed in my mind and I quickly shoved the thought aside.

"I didn't get to meet the trainer. I just saw him briefly." Brianna sighed in disappointment. "I'm glad you got Spirit back," said Jacob.
I suddenly felt horrible. Jacob had always been there for and the past few weeks I hadn't really paid any attention to him.

"Jacob I'd like to apologize for the way I acted the past few weeks. The stress of exams and Spirit's disappearance all got to me. I'm sorry."

Jacob smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about it Kate. I know you were under a lot pressure. Just know I've always got your back."

Jacob pulled me in for a hug. I returned the hug but I couldn't help but feel like something had changed between us.

"Kate!" Robert called. "You're got some mail."
"I'll be right back," I said Jacob and Brianna who was on her phone. I turned and walked back to Robert. "What mail?" Robert pulled a out a neat, white envelop.

Who could this be from? I pulled it open. Inside we're several sheets of paper. The first paper was a letter of acceptance. As I read the paper I suddenly realized what Mrs Williams had said about meeting again. I was accepted into the Cassabelle Academy.

-picture from above is from Free Rein. And book 2 has come to an end. If you guys enjoyed it plz comment Vote any feedback is greatly appreciated🥰