Chapter 15

I close off my phone, and flick off the lights in my room. Fixing my eye mask on, as I lay still in my bed, staring up into the dark fluffy piece of cloth I laid over my eyes.

Tomorrow was going to be a good day, because tomorrow was a Saturday and I had all the time in the world to myself. I could sleep in, watch TV all day and finally stop doing homework assignments. I could even play Minecraft with Emily and Lorelei, or even play a game of Fortnite with Tina.

-- ------ -- 

Nothing could distract me from my happy mood today, because not only did the science results from our projects come in (spoiler alert, I got an A+) but it turns out that since Lilliana's project was copied - they got a fail.

Of course I feel bad for Lilac, because she had almost nothing to do with it and carried away with doing no work like normal but Alexis had everything to do with it. Lilliana too slightly, but she did admit what happened.

From what I've heard, Lilliana and Alexis aren't on good terms. Lunchtimes are going to be awkward, that is if I even sit with them anymore. I have a strong feeling that I'll sit with Jolene, Lorelei and Emily today. I can't take all the drama and gossip that Alexis and her friends find normal. They talk smack about each other almost all the time when that certain person isn't around, but one thing they all have in common is that they don't talk shit about Alexis.

I wonder what they say about me when I'm not around. Judging from Alexis' sudden dislike for me, I guess they talk a lot behind my back. But for some reason, it doesn't affect me the same way it used to when we were kids. I don't feel bad, instead, I don't care anymore.

The doorbell rings, and Claudia excitingly goes over and swings open the door, squeals and takes the big parcel in her hands.

"What is it?" I ask while I look over from the TV to see what she bought.

"It's a law book!" Claudia happily says, taking the book out of its packaging and giving it a big fat kiss on the dusty cover. "Get ready Jasmine, because I'm going to be the best lawyer in the world!"

My mood dims as I realise that today's Saturday. I'm going to have to play along with Claudia's court game, again.

"Mum, are you ready?" Claudia calls out, my mum comes running down stairs in a long black cloak, and an awful wig, and Claudia squeals even louder. "It looks so good on you!"

"Yeah," I weakly agree. Her hair looks like a baboon's butt. I snigger.

My mum pulls out a folder, and gives it to me. I open it and it looks like today I'm going to have to defend Claudia's barbie doll from involuntary murder. Turns out that Claudia's barbie was giving her best friend a piggy-back, but her friend fell off and snapped her neck.

It sounds easy, but knowing my mum, Claudia will win the case. Like always.

Mum gets up to the big couch in the living room and Claudia starts delivering her opening statement. She starts talking about how barbies are evil, because they're barbies. I don't think that's a valid argument in court, but mum allows it. I stand up and deliver my opening statement which goes along the lines of - "my client is innocent, saying all barbies are evil isn't a valid argument." And blah blah blah.

"My first witness is me." Claudia proudly says.

I raise a brow. "You weren't even present on the night of the incident how could you be the witness, not to mention, counsel is testifying."

"Overruled," mum glares, then sweetly goes back to Claudia. I hate this. Does she not realise she's setting Claudia up for failure?

"Well," Claudia sniffs, as if she really was there on the night. "I will never forget the look of terror in the Doc Mcstuffins doll, I will never forget the look of vengeance. I will never even forget the words Barbie uttered before she killed her friend-"