Chapter 6

CONTENT

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Harry was sitting in his car that was parked a street over from Noah's apartment and if he had any less control over his body, he would be shitting himself.

It was 6:45pm on Friday, which meant he was fifteen minutes away from picking Noah up for their date.

He hadn't been on an actual date for years and he had no idea what to say or do. Well, of course he had an idea, but he wasn't sure exactly what he should do or say to Noah. He only knew the basics.

The truth was, he spent about twenty minutes at the store buying the perfect bouquet of flowers for Noah. Because people get flowers for their dates, right? He didn't want to go overboard and get a giant bouquet or anything, but he didn't want to appear careless by getting a small one, either. He found one that was perfectly in between, even bashfully asking a sales associate for help who internally swooned at how sweet and shy Harry was about buying flowers for someone he obviously really liked.

Harry didn't even know Noah's favorite color, let alone her favorite flower, so he kind of winged it. The bouquet had yellows, blues, purples, and greens. The yellows were a couple small puffy sunflowers, crisp roses, and fluffy solidagos, the blues and purples were little but sweet delphiniums, and the greens were bright athos.

It looked good to him so he hoped he chose well, but he didn't know shit about flowers.

As Harry sat in his parked car staring at the bouquet on his passenger seat, he couldn't help but let his mind wander. Was he going to fuck everything up tonight? Would Noah finally realize that she was way too good for him? Was he being dumb and cliche for having these thoughts so early on?

Harry couldn't help it, though. He didn't want to expose Noah into the gruesome world that was his "career," but he was too selfish to deny himself the opportunity to be with her. That is, only if she wanted to be with him, too.

Checking the clock on his dashboard, it was revealed that there were still seven minutes before Harry was supposed to pick Noah up. He had already decided that he wanted to be five minutes early, anyway, so he wrapped his hand around the gear shift knob and shifted his car into drive. He knew it wasn't necessarily polite to arrive super early, but he figured five minutes was okay.

The parking lot had plenty of open parking spaces that he pulled into not even a minute later. His car was facing away from the apartment building, so he looked at it through his rearview mirror and took a deep breath. He grabbed the flowers from the passenger seat and opened his door.

Harry crossed the parking lot and reached the apartment building. It wasn't a large building, only three stories high with what looked to be about ten apartments per floor. He knew from her explanation of her address that she was on the second floor, so he quickly made his way up the stairs and walked down the hall until he was standing in front of the apartment number that matched.

Taking another deep breath, he lifted his hand up and used his knuckles to tap on the door five times. His other hand was gripping the bouquet tightly out of nerves.

He glanced down at the floor and took in his outfit one more time. He was once again wearing an outfit that reflected his actual style more than the jeans and hoodie he would wear to the bar. He felt comfortable enough to do so with Noah, since he didn't worry about needing to blend in when he was around her. That didn't mean he wasn't self conscious, though, because he definitely was.

A white tank top covered his torso and over the top of it was a button up shirt that was left unbuttoned. It was a long-sleeved white satin material that had black piping around the edges, cuffs, and pockets that were on the front. Covering his lower half were a pair of brown pants there were loose fitting but straight in the leg. He finished his outfit off with his white vans yet again.