Shooting Stars (Part - 1)

RAKSHIT'S POV

I parked my car a block away from Drishti's house, in front of what looked like an abandoned warehouse. I switched the engine off and pulled out my phone from my black coat pocket, texting her that I was here. I put my phone back in my pocket and rolled down the window, humming a 90's tune as the cold night air caressed my cheeks.
I didn't know exactly how much time had passed, but after a few minutes, I heard the car door on the other side open and shut.
I turned and my jaw dropped.
In the seat beside me, there was Drishti, stuffing her phone into a small handbag. I was expecting to see her in a saree, but instead, she was wearing a sleeveless red mini dress, reaching only above her knees. The dress was flared at the bottom, with a thin black border at the hem. She had paired the dress with red high heels. Her hair lay open, cascading down her shoulders and spilling upon her back. This was the first time I was truly seeing her hair down and it was a spectacular sight. Adding to her beauty, was a red lipstick, that made itself visible on her face, otherwise devoid of makeup.
This was another Drishti - a Drishti, I doubted, much people had the opportunity to experience.

She looked at me and our eyes met. I was spell bound. I tried to say something, but everything sounded too stupid in my head.

~ "Was that Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna you were humming?"

~ "What? Yeah - sorry - I mean - yes -"

She laughed. It looked like she was enjoying seeing me at a loss for words.

~ "It's just that, Drishti, you look very - er -"

No, Rakshit, no, sexy is not the word.

But there were no other words that came to my mind (yeah, that's cause you are so stupid, what will she think?!)

She waited, her right eyebrow arched.

~ "Alluring?" She suggested, helpfully. "That's what Divi and Romi called me."

I gathered my thoughts.

~ "Actually, Drishti, words fail me each time I try to describe your beauty. So, it would be best if I did not make a fool of myself."

She rolled her eyes and relaxed in her seat.

~ "By the way, I presume Maasi did not see you like this?"

~ "No, she was busy with her puja. Actually... I didn't wanna wear this... This is actually Divi's dress. She forced me to do this..."

She gestured at herself.

~ "Divya has done a commendable job, I must say."

I smiled, she laughed.

~ "So, where are we going?"

~ "You will get to see when we reach there."

Smiling, I put on Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna on the music player and started the engine.

                                ~

DRISHTI'S POV

It was past nine thirty when Rakshit finally halted the car in front of a small farm house with a small stretch of garden in the front. The area was almost deserted, with only a few small houses scattered here and there. Judging by the abandoned surroundings, I presumed that we were somewhere out of town.
He turned off the engine and turned towards me, his eyes lingering on my body for a moment.

Okay, so, when I told Rakshit that Divya forced me to wear this, I was telling the partial truth. Actually, she did force me. What I did not tell him was that I actually liked wearing this. I had never ever, in my entire life, worn something as exposive as this and it was a different feeling. To be even more honest, I loved the expression on his face when he first saw me.