Hidden Desires (Part - 1)

{Disclaimer - This chapter contains words, scenes and gestures that some of my audience might find innapropriate and offensive. Please feel free to skip this part if such language makes you uncomfortable}

DRISHTI'S POV

As I stepped upon the hard marble floor of the room and looked around, I realized that Divya and Sikhar have done an outstanding job at decorating the room. Now, don't get me wrong, I am against this entire idea of our Suhagraat, but even then I could not stop myself from staring at the room, wide eyed. The lights in the room were all switched off, the windows boarded shut. The main source of light in the room were candles, hundreds of them. There were candles on the dressing table, the bedside table, on the window sill, the floor and even on the gaps in the book shelves. The light cast by the candles bounced off of the pastel walls of the room and created a romantic setting. The bed was decorated even more beautifully, clad in white bed sheets, with rose petals sprinkled all over it. But what turned me on the most, was the sensual floral scent floating around the room.

I took another step inside, my bangles and anklets and god knows what other jewelry made a soft metal sound. Slowly, I turned, Divya winked at me from the door and left, closing the door behind her.

Okay, so, this was it. I didn't know if I was ready, I know that Akash is dead, and now I will be able to live my life happily, yet - yet, I cannot move on. Whenever the physical distance between me and Rakshit decreases somehow, I feel guilty, as if I am cheating on Akash. Also, I don't know what Rakshit wanted. If he was expecting something tonight...

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to the bed. No, Drishti. Akash is your past. Let him be buried now. No need of dragging him in your present.

Talking of the present, I wanted to sit on the bed - it was truly getting difficult to stand with this heavy lehenga and multiple layers of jewelry. And also, the sexy lingerie that Divi forced me to wear was poking my back very uncomfortably. But I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove the rose petals from over the bed.

After a few seconds of contemplating, I decided to let the rose petals be. I sat on the bed, popping a pillow behind my back. Was I supposed to sit like this? I mean this is not how newly wed brides sat waiting for their husbands on their Suhagraat. Shall I sit in the traditional method? Would it be too dramatic? Shall I call Divi? Ugggh! I am freaking out already.

I adjusted my lehenga to fall gracefully over the bed and then laid my head on the pillow. Yeah, this pose is fine. Graceful yet comfortable.

As I lay down, I wondered what would happen tonight. What if Rakshit was expecting something from me, and I dissapoint him?

I felt a shiver run down my spine. When I was with Akash, dissapointing him led to punishments, painful punishments.

No, Drishti, not again. Your present is Rakshit. Try to focus on him.

Closing my mind from all Akash related thoughts, I concentrated on the scent in the room. The atmosphere was so peaceful, so romantic...

Do brides fall asleep on their Suhagraat? Apparently they do, 'cause I fell asleep too.

~

I woke up with a start to the sound of a door opening, not just any door, but our bedroom door. It took me a few moments to stabilise my sleepy mind and realise where I was and what was happening, or rather, what was about to happen.
Rakshit stood in front of the closed door, his face set in a mixed expression. He was wearing a white kurta and matching pants, a rose is his hand. But he wasn't making eye contact, in fact, he wasn't looking anywhere at my face. Instead, he was looking somehwere down...
I snatched up my dupatta from the bed and draped it around my shoulders hastily, realizing how much cleavage my deep necked lehenga blouse was showing. Rakshit immediately looked away, probably realizing that he had been staring.