3️⃣3️⃣

No one's POV

"Hyung! Hyung! Wait up. Please. Please stop! It's not like I'm going to harm you," Jungkook pleads, desperation in his voice as he tries to catch up to his brother.

"Please leave,"

"I just want to talk. Why can't you just give me another chance to clear everything up! Please wait," Jungkook persists, his voice tinged with regret. He's desperate to make things right, to bridge the gap that has grown between them. 

 Stop following me, Jungkook! Are you stalking me?" Eunwoo's voice rises, frustration evident in his tone, as he feels the weight of his brother's actions. He's hurt, confused, and unsure how to respond. 

[REWIND - ALL HAPPENED BEFORE THE INCIDENT ABOVE] 

Author's POV 

It's already half past seven in the evening, and worry fills Eunwoo's heart as there are no signs of Jungkook. He's clueless about his brother's whereabouts, and the uncertainty weighs heavily on him. The silence of the cottage feels oppressive, a stark contrast to the usual chatter and laughter that fills their home. Eunwoo has been standing in front of the door for over an hour since 6, but there's still no sign of Jungkook - no sight of his eyes, nose, or lips. He's starting to feel a pang of fear, a gnawing sense of unease. 

Eventually, Eunwoo grows tired of standing and pacing back and forth for so long. He decides to take a rest in the kitchen, opting to cook dinner for the night. He figures that a familiar routine might help to calm his nerves and ease his anxiety. 

Little does he know, Jungkook is busy buying him flowers as a gesture of apology, gratitude, and love. He's hoping to make amends, to show his brother that he cares. 

Minutes pass, and Jungkook finally arrives at their cottage's grounds. Stealthily making his way towards the kitchen where Eunwoo is, he ensures that his present remains a surprise, hoping to lighten the mood and convey his emotions without words. He wants to see the smile return to his brother's face, to feel the warmth of their connection. 

As soon as Jungkook arrives at the small table laid in the kitchen, he takes his seat ever so quietly. He's careful not to make a sound, hoping to surprise Eunwoo. 

"Where is he?" Eunwoo asks, his voice tinged with a hint of worry. He's clearly still preoccupied with Jungkook's absence. 

"He who? Didn't know you have a boyfriend."

Startled, Eunwoo yelps and almost jumps from his spot because of the unexpected voice echoing through the kitchen. "J-jungkook. When did you arrive?" Eunwoo's eyes widen in surprise, his gaze darting towards his brother. 

For quite a while, Eunwoo has been unable to look at Jungkook at a close distance. They've been drifting apart, especially since Jungkook has been trying his best to keep away from his brother. The distance between them feels like a chasm, a barrier that they can't seem to overcome. 

The problem isn't that Jungkook truly wants to avoid Eunwoo; he's scared of lying too much. He's afraid that his secret might be unveiled without his control, that his carefully constructed facade might crumble. He's walking a tightrope, trying to balance his desire to be close to his brother with the fear of revealing his truth. 

Eunwoo longs for this closeness with his brother, but he knows it'll end sooner rather than later. He can feel the ticking clock, the inevitable moment when their bond will be severed. 

To lessen the pain, Eunwoo turns and carries on mixing the nourishment, avoiding Jungkook's gaze. He's trying to distract himself, to focus on the task at hand.