14. Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

You knew you were late when you and Sasuke arrived to the training grounds the next morning because Kakashi was already there. He was sitting under his tree with his perverse reading material.

"What took you guys so long?" Naruto asked, looking to Sasuke.

"We're only thirty minutes late," you shrugged.

Sakura laughed rolling her eyes, "Only."

"Kakashi-Sensei, they're here now, can we start training?" Naruto announced loudly.

"Yes, but before you do, I want to have a word with you all," Kakashi said shutting his book. You and him made eye contact for a second, but it broke when Sasuke nudged your shoulder.

"Come on."

Your group walked over to where your sensei was sitting and waited for him to speak.

"So, as you know, the chūnin exams are in six days," he began, "and I just wanted to say-"

"Hello, children," another voice interrupted him. You recognized that voice, and the annoying person it belonged to.

Kakashi stopped what he was saying and turned his attention to the new person behind your group.

"Oh, hello, Master Jiraiya. You need something?" Your sensei inquired.

"Actually no, just came to watch," he laughed sitting under a tree nearby Kakashi. "Maybe even get a few ideas for my book."

"What the hell could you even write about us in that pervy book of yours?" You squinted your eyes at the overtly sexual man.

He pulled out his notebook and began to scribble something down. "Young lady gets a little too sassy, gets taught a lesson later."

"You're disgusting," Sasuke sighed.

"Back to what I was saying though," Kakashi resumed, "I just wanted to say, it's not too late to back out."

"We're not backing out!" Naruto said haughtily. "We've trained too hard for this."

"I'm just saying, if anyone does want to back out, it's alright."

You refrained from looking at Sakura. But you had to admit, she had been working on a few things, so maybe she'd surprise you.

Huh, fat chance.

"Okay you're all dismissed." He waved your team off. You turned to leave to start training.

"Wait, (y/n)?"

"Yes, sensei?"

Sasuke's nosy ass turned around too.

"Yes, Kakashi-Sensei?"

Kakashi's visible eye almost popped out of his head. "I uh- never mind, student."

"Kakashi, he knows," you giggled.

"Hahahawhatdoesheknow?" Kakashi laughed nervously.

"Everything," Sasuke narrowed his eyes at your sensei. "Don't hurt my friend or I'll have to hurt you."

You had never seen Kakashi so nervous before. If he wanted to, he could probably obliterate Sasuke with even moving, but still, Sasuke's threat seemed to scare him.

"Hey, I couldn't help but over hear..." Jiraiya said walking over to you all, "But-"

"This is the part where I walk away now," you interrupted. "Come on, Sasuke."