12. Let's Leave It At That

Fun fact: I got my book title inspiration from episode six of Ouran High School Host Club "the grade school host is the naughty type".

Let's Leave It At That

You made your way through the village on your way to meet at your team's designated area, on a fence near the training grounds.

In the distance, you could see Naruto, Sakura, and an unmistakable Konohamaru and his friends talking to some people. You continued walking and could tell that they weren't locals.

Who are these guys?

A girl with spiky blond hair and a bored expression stood with a guy in a black robe. Purple lines ran across his face, not concealing his look of malice.

"I hate smart alecks like you, punk," he spat, picking up Konohamaru by his collar.

"Hey, what's going on?" You whispered to a terrified Sakura.

"N-Naruto and Konohamaru were playing around and bumped into these people and the guy got mad," she explained.

Moegi and Udon stood behind you, pulling on your dress and hiding behind your legs.

"Konohamaru..." they whimpered.

"Guys calm down, it's going to be alright," you said pulling them off of you.

"Leave him alone, you jerk!" Naruto yelled, looking like he was ready to square up on the stranger.

"Oh yeah? What're you gonna do about it?" The purple faced guy teased, looking to his blond companion.

"Hey, leave me out of this." She put her hands up in mock surrender. She looked 110% done with his bullshit.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson!" Naruto said loudly, getting ready to run at him head on. But before he could, Sakura put her arm around the front of his neck to keep him back.

That was a smart idea. Who knows what this could've escalated into if he tried to fight him? You didn't say anything. You stood back and analyzed the whole situation. You looked at their weapons, looked for any makings on their bodies (scars, tattoos, birthmarks), until your eyes finally rested on their headbands. You weren't familiar with the symbol on it. It's funny how at the Academy you all studied different lands and their symbols, but you couldn't remember any. But they were strangers nonetheless, and you were cautious of them.

The girl stood next to a giant metal... thing. You weren't sure what it was. And the guy had a bandaged something on his back. What was it? A mummy?

"Naruto, shut up! He could kill you with his pinky finger," Sakura. warned.

"I didn't realize Leaf ninja were so weak," the purple guy laughed. "Now, kid," he looked down at Konohamaru. "You're going to pay." He lifted a hand to hit him, but something struck the back of his hand before he could. He dropped Konohamaru who ran to stand with Naruto.

What happened?

You all turned to look at the tree above head. Sasuke in all his emo glory sat on a branch, repeatedly throwing and catching a pebble in his hand.

"You know, you shouldn't come to a village that's not yours causing trouble," Sasuke commented.

"Oh, Sasuke!" Sakura smiled looking up at him, along with Moegi and Udon. Naruto looked upset, and Konohamaru looked angry at Naruto.

["Why can't you be as cool as Sasuke?! You couldn't even save me!"

"What?! Yeah I could have if he didn't get in the way!"