16. Phase one: Chunin Exams!

You woke up to find that the other side of your bed was empty and the blankets were strewn everywhere. Where was Kakashi?

In place of him, you found a note and smiled to yourself. What could it say?

You looked on in terror as you read it silently. Written in a malicious red font said,

Hello, (y/n). Again we meet. Almost ten years since we've last spoken. Do you miss me? I'm still thinking of you... one more to go, and that one is you.
P.S.: you're a heavy sleeper.

That whole "one more to go" was the same exact thing written on that note left next to your parents all those years ago. That meant... whoever did that was in your house at that very moment. It was finally time to meet your parents' murderers.

You started to extend a leg out of the bed until a thought crossed your mind.

What if someone is hiding in my room?

Your weapon pouch was too far away to grab so you thought of another idea. Summon a shadow clone. Your clone walked across your room to your dresser and received your pouch for you. It checked under your bed before giving you a sign that it was all clear.

You grabbed the note and your pouch before running downstairs. You needed to speak to the Hokage immediately.

As you crept through your living room, you heard the unmistakable voice of your boyfriend.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" He asked.

You turned around to find your silver-haired hedgehog cooking breakfast. He had on a pair of grey sweats and no shirt, showing off his washboard abs.

You looked down at your outfit. An over-sized T shirt with your clan's crest on it, and shorts that reached mid thigh.

"I'm going to the Hokage's office," you said, not elaborating.

"Then you're definitely not going there dressed like that. You may not know this, but the Third is a major perv," Kakashi laughed nervously, looking you up and down.

"I'll change later," you rolled your eyes.

"Well the exams start in," Kakashi checked the clock on your microwave, the time reading 6:21, "three hours."

"I'll hurry back, I promise," you yelled, running out the door and making your way to the Hokage's office.

When you got there, you found it was very busy. Everyone rushing, and yelling, trying to find time to speak with the person you were there for.

"Hey, (y/n), haven't seen you in a while. What's up?" You felt two heavy hands on your shoulder.

You let out a sheepish laugh."Hey, Izumo, Kotetsu. Sorry, I've been kinda busy training for thr exams."

"Oh yeah, forgot you're still a little genin," Izumo ruffled your hair.

"Why are you in your pajamas?" Kotetsu asked with a laugh.

"I got straight up and I-" you stopped yourself from telling them about the note, "and I realized I needed to speak to the Hokage."

"Well good luck finding him. We have no idea where he is. He's probably doing something to contribute toward prepping for the exams," Kotetsu explained.

"Hmm. So he's not in his office, huh?" You said more to yourself than them.

"Afraid not. Sorry," Izumo shrugged.

"Well that's fine. I guess it can wait. Bye guys," you sighed.

"Bye, (y/n), good luck on your exams!"