9. Good Riddance

Good Riddance

"Is she awake?"

"I think I saw her eyes flutter," Sasuke's voice made his way to your ears. You felt sensation come into your body, yet you were still deprived of sight. Something hard pressed into your stomach, hitting your ribs every now and then. A hand on your lower back attempted to console you by rubbing you.

"She's definitely awake!" You heard Sakura squeak excitedly.

"W-what's..." you tried to speak, but you were too plagued with fatigue to continue. You tried to open your eyes, but you couldn't do that either.

"Relax, (Y/n)," Kakashi chuckled gently, and you could feel the movement that went along with it. Where were you?

You managed to choke out one breathy sentence before becoming immediately winded. "W-what happened?"

"OOOH! CAN I TELL THE STORY? PLEASE?!" You heard Naruto scream. It sounded like he was right in your ear.

"Stop screaming, idiot," Sakura mumbled. An audible slapping noise and a sharp ouch made its way to your ears. It surprised you when you didn't hear a snarky rebuttal from Sasuke.

"Oops. I'm sorry, (y/n). But can I tell the story please?!" Naruto begged.

"Go ahead," Jiraiya's voice boomed.

"Okay, okay, so like we were about to get the princess right? And you just start running and– wait no, we were in a toad's mouth, and then then like the kidnappers... and then... like you... then–" Naruto struggled to put out a full sentence.

"You can't even tell the story, so shut up. I'll do it," Sakura muttered. "The kidnappers burned their way out of Master Jiraiya's toad mouth, then you ran after them and–"

"Then you exerted an impressive amount of chakra and took them down. Congrats, you saved the princess," Kakashi finished.

You saved the princess.

That single sentence gave you enough energy to open your eyes. It took you a second for your eyes to adjust and survey your surroundings. For one thing, you realized you were slung over Kakashi's shoulder, which would have been fine if your skirt weren't so short. He was probably enjoying it when you remembered what he had recently admitted to you.

"Sensei... I can walk," you mumbled.

"No you can't, (y/n)," Sasuke commented earning a hum of agreement from Kakashi.

"Yes, I can," you argued, finding your voice again.

"Put her down, that'll show her," Jiraiya laughed.

Kakashi listened, grabbed you by your waist– holding you longer than needed– and put you down on your feet. Everything was fine. What were they talking about? Everything was fine until you tried to take a step, then you fell backwards and hit someone's legs.

"There she goes."
"I told you, (y/n)."
"Poor thing."
"Whoopsy Daisy."

You looked up to see a woman with red, waist length hair and bright emerald eyes staring down at you. She must've been... "Princess Seiko. I'm so sorry," you apologized.

To your surprise, she let out a giggle. "That's fine. Here, let me help you up," she smiled, extending her hand.

Using all of your upper body strength you managed to pull yourself up and stand on your feet again. You felt yourself falling again, but Kakashi gave you support before you could.

You eyed the Princess again. She wasn't dressed the way you'd expect royalty to dress. She was wearing grey sweatpants and an over-sized T-shirt. Kakashi's clothes.