Chapter Nine: Coming home

Ashlyn's POV

The snow started falling faster as I continued to walk now burring my head into my jacket as much as possible; I continued to walk until I made it to the front gate. I sighed and walked up the driveway to the front door and then hesitantly knocked waiting for someone to answer.

"Hello," one of the maids said looking at me as I sighed knowing that nothing had probably changed.

"I want to see my mom and dad," she looked at me strangely and then walked off leaving me in the cold. She must be new every maid in the house had been trained to let the person stand in the front hall while they got someone but now I was waiting outside. The door opened again revealing my father as he looked at me then engulfed me into a hug, as I grew confused.

"Ashlyn," I hugged him back and then looked at him weirdly as he pulled away.

"Why are you so excited to see me Dad you were the one to kick me out of the house," he nodded his head but pulled me into the house and then closed the door and looked at me.

"I know this is my fault and my excuse will mean nothing but know that I am sorry for everything that happened."

"Why did you kick me out," I asked as he sighed.

"Your mother's and mine's marriage was definitely not perfect and maybe to get everything out of my brain and think I was making everything easier I started taking drugs and well it didn't turn out so well. I looked for you all around Jersey but I couldn't find you." 

"Yeah I know I lived with Nicole for a little bit in New York and then I told her that I was coming back here so that way she didn't have to feel bad for not being able to support me. I ended up at a shelter and now I live on the streets," my dad's eyes widened as he looked at me.

"My daughter on the streets...but I don't understand if you live on the streets how do you look so clean and wearing nice clothes." We sat down in the living room as we both looked at each other. 

"Right," I said making a clicking sound. "Umm for the last two weeks I've sorta been living with a guy."

"What Ashlyn I know I kicked you out but selling yourself for sex is not how I raised you."

"No no no no it's nothing like that, he needed a pretend fake girlfriend and in return I got a place to stay for two weeks. He needed to bring someone home for the holidays and pretend to be his girlfriend so his parents would stop telling him to find someone."

"Oh well then...anyone I know," I looked down at the ground and started playing with my hands.

"I-I don't want to tell you," I continued to look at the ground.

"I won't be mad Ashlyn if you don't want to tell me it means that I know who it is so you may as well tell me," I looked up at him now.

"Umm...it was Jacob...Jacob Andrews," his eyes widened as I sighed and talked before he could. "He saved me...I was living on the streets and he brought me into a nice warm house, him and his family are very nice people you know."

"Yeah I know, I just don't really like the Andrews family I mean there nice but they've always made me jealous on how they can make a family work."

"Dad it's not your fault mom cheated on you the whole marriage...by the way where is mom." I sorta already knew the answer before he said it but he answered anyways. 

"We got a divorce about two years ago and then I got off of drugs and that's when I started looking for you, I really am sorry Ashlyn."

"It's just nice to be home," I said hoping he would get the hint that I wanted to stay.