Chapter Seventeen: Collins' and Andrews

Jacob's POV

I took in a deep breath and sat down on a chair beside my father's bed as he continued to sleep. I couldn't believe he had actually had a heart attack...he's so young...whatever it was that was stressing him out had to be big. I wiped away the one tear that escaped my eye and then looked back at my dad as I noticed his hand move.

"Hey," I said through a whisper as he looked up at me blinking a few times before answering me back.

"Hey," he said tiredly as he tried to sit up but groaned and gave up letting his head hit the pillow and letting out a few breaths as if he was tired. It pained me to see him this way...everything had been so perfect and this is what we get. "H-how long have I b-been here," he said struggling to speak as I stood beside the bed.

"Since last night," I said calmly as he closed his eyes but then opened them again. "You should sleep some more dad we'll talk later," he shook his head slowly and then looked at me.

"No...no I wanna t-talk to you now," he said as I nodded and sat down in the seat again but pulled it closer to his bed so he wouldn't have to turn his head completely to look at me. "H-how are you," he said making me chuckle slightly.

"I'm good...I've been working hard but I'm good."

"And Ashlyn...how's she," I looked at him weirdly and then nodded my head.

"She's good...she's still living with me and were doing alright," I said nodding my head as I looked at my dad.

"I see...does she still talk to her father," I nodded my head and then arched my eyebrows.

"Dad why are you asking me questions about Ashlyn," I asked as he coughed and then groaned and held onto his chest. He took in a couple deep breaths and then closed his eyes for a second before looking at me. 

"Because son...she's a Collins...do you know what will become of our family if something were to happen between the two of you. Collins' and Andrews' don't go together Jake...I can't have her in the family no matter if she is different or not," he took in a couple of deep breaths again. 

"You mean...you've been stressing out over the fact that I could start dating Ashlyn and you don't want that cause you don't want a Collins in the family no matter how different from her parents she is."

"Yes Jake...no matter what she's still a Collins...do you know what that tabloids will say once they figure this all out. Right now they have no idea who she is because she's been off the radar for some time but if they find out who she is...well be ruined." I looked at my dad realizing how broken he was about this. It wasn't just about losing family he was afraid the Anderws image that he had created for us would be destroyed...and it was causing him to stress and worry and have a heart attack. 

Normal POV

Ashlyn sighed and leaned against the wall as she took in a couple of deep breaths and stayed as calm as possible, Maya was still sound asleep with her head on David's leg and Andy had leaned her head on his shoulder with her eyes closed but not exactly asleep. Mrs. Andrews sat beside Jamie as she kept her head leaned against the wall looking up at the ceiling while Marcus sat there not saying a word, Jake was still with Mr. Andrews leaving Ashlyn alone. She took a sip of her water and then shook her head and walked around the hospital staying away from the silence, she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes taking in a deep breath.

"Tired," she opened her eyes and looked at Jake as he stood in front of her.

"No just...yeah I guess tired sums it up," Jake chuckled as Ashlyn took in another deep breath. "How's your dad?" Marcus paused behind the wall and listened to Ashlyn and Jake as they talked. 

"Umm...he's good, he'll be here for a few days and then he can come home but we have to keep him stress free and not so worried," he looked down at his hands as Ashlyn pushed off the wall. 

"Oh-kay...and what's that suppose to mean," Ashlyn asked as Jake shook his head.

"I just...I need to focus on my dad right now and I need to be there for him Ashlyn," she stepped back understanding where this was going.

"Y-your...your saying goodbye," she looked at him as he looked up at her and nodded his head. "I don't mean to bring this up while your dealing with your father and all but what about last night."

"Last night," he sighed and took in a deep breath. "Last night was a mistake," Ashlyn nodded her head letting tears linger in her eyes. 

"Well that's...just great...you know I was raised alone, never had great parents, got kicked out of my house after senior year, lived on the streets, almost got raped, but that...that really hurt." Ashlyn said letting a tear fall down her cheek as Jake looked at her keeping his composure, she walked around him and out of the hospital as Jake took in a deep breath and leaned against the wall.

"What the hell is a matter with you," Marcus said coming around the corner glaring at Jake as David followed and paused not knowing what was going on. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT," he yelled now as Jake shook his head.

"You wouldn't understand," Jake whispered as Marcus pushed him against the wall. 

"MAKE ME UNDERSTAND," Marcus yelled as David pulled them apart.

"THAT'S ENOUGH...don't do this here whatever it is just don't do it...drop it and focus on dad he needs us right now," Jake and Marcus looked at David as he looked in between the two of them.

"I am focusing on dad," Jake said as Marcus shook his head.

"No you weren't...why would you do that to her...she trusted you and I know that we don't know Ashlyn that well but we know that she loves you. She gave away something she can't get back and then you tell her it was a mistake...WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU." Marcus yelled as David looked at Jake as he looked at them with tears on the verge of falling.

"Ummm...I had to do it okay...she's a Collins and she'll ruin our family image. We've worked so hard to get here and if saying goodbye to her is what I have to do then I will...besides it's just one girl right," Jake said as Marcus shook his head.

"Our family is different then others...we accept people no matter who they are, I can't believe you would do that to her after everything she's done for you...you broke her heart. At Christmas you were afraid of your family being disappointed in you...now I am...this isn't the brother that I know...he would never hurt someone he loved." Marcus shook his head and walked off as Jake shook his head.

"Marcus' right Jake...you've changed and not in the good way." David walked off as Jake leaned against the wall closing his eyes taking everything in. 

----------------------------

Well WARNING!

Sad im sad

vote... no capslock 'cause i sad

comment... 

fan for the fans

love you all...

rosie!