Chapter Seven: You're a spy

Ashlyn's POV

"Y-yes...very much," she looked at me funny as I giggled slightly. "Sorry I'm still really nervous to be here," I smiled widely as they all laughed slightly.

"You don't have to be nervous Ash..."Jake walked into the kitchen as he yawned and then hugged his mom.

"Morning everyone," he grabbed a bottle of water as Mr. Andrews laughed. "What's so funny dad?"

"Well since your never here anymore you get the honors of shoveling the driveway...oh and the snow was coming down pretty hard last night." Jake looked out the kitchen window then glared at his dad.

"Your evil you know that," they all laughed again as he ran upstairs to get dressed. By the time he came down again everyone was in the kitchen eating as I played go fish with Maya. "I'll be back in like an hour or so," he groaned and grabbed the shovel now walking outside as everyone laugh.

"I'll be right back," I walked off to the bathroom as everyone stayed in the kitchen. When I got back though I stayed outside the kitchen door listening to them talk about Jake and I.

Normal POV 

"Marcus when you wake up in the morning what's the first thing you do," he looked at his mom strangely.

"I say good morning to Jamie if she's awake...why."

"I'm sorry but Jake came down stairs and hugged me...said good morning to everyone and didn't even say anything to Ashlyn...not a hug, a kiss nothing." Mrs. Andrews said as she leaned against the counter.

"You make a good point...you don't think that maybe there lying." Andy said as she rubbed her stomach smiling as the baby kicked inside of her.

"Why would he lie though, this is Jake he could get any girl he wants."

"I don't know but the whole time they've been here he's kept his arm around her...that's it. I'm sorry but even after a year with Andy I was kissing her and hugging her all the time." David said as he set Maya down on the ground.

Ashlyn sighed from outside of the kitchen and then looked outside as she watched Jake shovel the snow, she grabbed her coat and put it on along with her uggs and then walked outside now walking towards Jake. He had already finished shoveling half the driveway but he stopped and looked at Ashlyn as she walked towards him.

"Hey what are you doing out here," she stopped in front of him and sighed now shrugging her shoulder.

"Your parents aren't believing this...I just thought you should know," he looked at her funny then leaned his shovel against Macus' truck.

"And how do you know this," he crossed his arms and looked at her. It was freezing cold outside and she was shivering slightly trying to stay warm and she already knew her face was red.

"I stood outside the kitchen and listened to them," he laughed slightly and then wiped some of the snow off of his hair.

"So now you're a spy," she giggled and stepped in front of him.

"Something like that," he looked at her funny but she leaned in and kissed him on the lips. It didn't take him very long to respond as they walked backwards and leaned against Marcus' truck as he kept the kiss going. He placed his hand on her cheek and the other one on her waist before finally bringing his second hand to her cheek cupping her face in his hands. 

Back in the kitchen Maya got tired of waiting for Ashlyn and decided to go look for her. She ran all around the house until finally looking out the window and letting a smile creep onto her face, she ran back to the kitchen now out of breath. "Come see...come see," she yelled before running back to the window. Everyone followed her out and looked outside seeing Ashlyn and Jake kiss, as Maya giggled, "Aren't they so cute."

"Why...why on my truck," Marcus said making Selena and Danielle laugh as they continued to watch Jake and Ashlyn.

Ashlyn's POV

I pulled away slowly now out of breathe as Jake leaned his forehead against mine.

"So that was...for," he said as I giggled.

"For your family to see...they're watching you know."

"You really are a spy aren't you," I giggled and nodded my head.

"There's so much you don't know about me," he looked at me funny as I giggled. He still had his arms wrapped around me but I giggled again.

"And what exactly is that suppose to mean," I smiled widely now.

"I picked up some snow off Marcus' truck," he looked at me oddly but I lifted my hand and dropped the snow on his head as he dropped his jaw in shock as I giggled. "I'm gonna run now," I said moving out of his grip.

"Oh you better," I giggled and darted off across the grass running through the snow as he chased after me. "I'm faster then you," I laughed and looked behind me realizing he was closer to me. I slid on the snow and then stood up again and continued to run but his arms captured me and knocked us both to the ground. 

"Who knew you could run so fast," I giggled as I looked up at him. Yes if you didn't know he landed on top of me. He moved some hair out of my face and smiled at me.

"There's a lot you don't know about me."

"Snow," he laughed but shook his head. He leaned down capturing me into a kiss as I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him back, I could tell he was smiling which made me giggle and pull away.

"I'm a spy to," I giggled knowing what he was talking about.

"Well now I'm soaking wet cause of the snow," he laughed and got up now helping me up as I brushed some of the snow off of me. "You need some help with the driveway."

"No I've got it...you go change into something dry and stay warm." I nodded my head and went to walk away but he pulled me back and kissed me again as I giggled.

"Family watching again."

"No," I shrugged my shoulders then realized what he said. I smiled and then walked off; I looked over my shoulder at Jake who stopped shoveling the snow for a second to smile at me as I walked back into the house. Maya came running over to me as soon as I closed the door.

"You were kissing uncle Jakey...I thought you were going to the bathroom."

"I was but then I decided to help your uncle Jakey with the snow...but he told me to come inside and play go fish hoping that finally someone could win against you."

"Yeah uncle Jakey always losses," I heard everyone laugh as I giggled but then I noticed her feet.

"Are you wearing my heels," she smiled and looked at the grounds as she swayed back and forth.

"Maybe," I giggled as she looked up at me.

"Let me go get changed and then we can play go fish okay," she nodded her head as I ran upstairs now changing into something warm and then went back to the kitchen to play go fish with Maya as everyone just kept smiling and not saying much.