My Little Diva

This is for ThePatchworkTheory, hopefully I spelled ur name right, I'm sorry if I didn't!

Time seemed to slow down as I waited for the result that could possibly change my life forever.

I still remember the day I first met Jake. We'd been high school sweethearts and then eventually we'd moved in together. We had just gotten our first pet together, a goldfish named Dory.

And now everything could possibly come crashing down.

I took deep breaths and tried to calm myself down, listening to my friend, Spencer, singing in the kitchen as she made me some lunch. Yes, I was forcing my best friend to make me lunch. But she was going to culinary school, so she had to get practice somewhere, right?

"Babe, are you ok? You've been in there for a while!" she called as someone knocked on the door.

Yes, I had been in here for a while. I'd been in here for an hour.

"Spence, I have a secret. And you can't tell anyone." I muttered, opening the door.

"What is it, Tanaka?"

I turned to reveal the eight pregnancy tests lined up on the counter.

"Oh my God. Tan, are you-?" she was broken off my the ding of the timer.

I started trembling as I slowly walked over to the counter. I forced my eyes to look down at them.

"Oh God." I muttered, my voice breaking.

"What is it? Are you having a kid or not?"

"Wait. What?" a new voice asked, much deeper. Jake.

I turned to face him and nodded my head, biting my lips on my tears.

"Yes. I'm having a baby." I whispered, looking straight into his eyes.

He ran over to check the tests as Spence hugged me.

"It'll be ok. I'll help you." she comforted, rubbing my back.

"It's not you I'm worried about."

I glanced over at Jake, who was slumped against the wall with a shocked look on his face.

"I'll give you guys a minute." Spence murmured before leaving. I heard her back in the kitchen, resuming whatever she was cooking.

"Jake?" I crouched down next to him, placing my dark hand on his.

"So, I'm really gonna be a dad, huh? Does this mean no more parties? Or going out on dates just so we can? Or silence?"

"It depends on whether or not you'll step up and accept the baby. If you want to go out every night then you can leave right now."

"I...I'm so sorry, Tan."

"I understand. Just let me get out of the house before you come for your stuff." I tried to stay strong but I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek.

"What? Oh. No! No, I didn't mean that. I meant I'm sorry for getting us in the...situation."

"It's not your fault. But, does this mean you're not leaving?"

"Why would I leave? Babe, I love you and to be honest, I've had a feeling you were gonna tell me you were pregnant."

"How?" I asked, smiling as I sat in his lap. Might as well. In a few months, I wouldn't be able to, not with a baby belly.

"You cried during Titanic. You've never cried during Titanic. You were craving pickles the other day and you hate those. You've been sick every morning for like, a week. I may be a guy but I can put two and two together."